Despite the growth of American Indian studies programs on campuses across the nation, more Native faculty, and the creation of nonprofit Indian education advocacy agencies, colleges are recognizing that creating community is the first step toward recruiting and retaining students.
What does AISP stand for?
AISP stands for American Indian Studies Program
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AISP
We have 50 other meanings of AISP in our Acronym Attic
- Associazione Italiana Studio Osteosintesi (Italian: Italian Osteosynthesis Association Study)
- Automated Information Security Officer
- Association d'Infirmier(e)s de Salle d'Opération et d'Infirmier(e)s en Formation
- Alliance of Independent Store Owners and Professionals
- Association des Infirmières de Salle d'Opération de la Région Provence Côte d'Azur
- Advanced Industry Support Partners Lda
- African Internet Service Providers
- Allied Imagery System Publication
- Alternative Independent Study Program (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Amelia Island State Park (Florida)
- Application Infrastructure and Service Provider
- Army Information Security Program (AR 380-5)
- Association of Information Systems Professionals
- Association of Internet Service Providers
- Associazione Italiana di Scienze Psicologiche (Italian)
- American Internet Service Providers' Association
- Anglo Italian Society for the Protection of Animals (est. 1952; London, UK)
- Associazione Italiana Sessuologia e Psicologia Applicata (Italian: Italian Association of Sexology and Applied Psychology; est. 2001; Italy)
- Agir Informer et Sensibiliser le Public pour Améliorer la Connaissance des Epilepsies (French)
- Annual IEEE Student Paper Conference
Samples in periodicals archive:
The American Indian Studies Program at California State University, Northridge, holds its 24th annual Powwow on campus today and Sunday, featuring dancing, music and plenty of fried bread (a traditional food item eaten at powwows).
Daniel Wildcat Haskell Indian Nations University Wildcat, director of the American Indian Studies Program, is known for his efforts to intertwine STEM discipline with traditional knowledge.
She was instrumental in creating an American Indian house--not just a wing, she jokes--on campus and a tenure-track American Indian studies program.
About 125 students and members of the American Indian Movement asked administrators Tuesday to add an American Indian speaker to the ceremony, allow future seniors to vote on graduation speakers and start an American Indian studies program.
master's programs in the country, which is coordinated by the law school and American Indian studies program.
Columbia's American Indian studies program comes decades after Arizona State University, Oklahoma State University and others formed similar programs.