Our banding program started off as a few projects (the American goldfinch was Dr.
What does AMGO stand for?
AMGO stands for American Goldfinch
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of AMGO in our Acronym Attic
- American Mold Guard, Inc. (Tustin, CA)
- Area Median Gross Income (low housing tax credit units tenancy)
- Asset Management Group Investment Corp. (Englewood, CO)
- Advanced Modelling of Ground Improvement on Soft Soils (Marie Curie Research Training Network)
- Association des Médecins Généralistes pour l'Informatisation et la Télétransmission
- Alyansa Ng Magbubukid Sa Gitnang Luson (Peasant Alliance in Central Luzon)
- Animal Molecular Genetics Laboratory (various locations)
- Afrika Mashariki Gold Mines, Ltd. (now East African Gold Mines, Ltd.; Tanzania)
- Atlanta Medical Group Management Association
- Archangel Michael Greek Orthodox Church (Colorado)
- Allied Military Government for Occupied Territories
- American Golden-Plover (bird species)
- Associate of the British Society of Master Glass Painters
- Association of Managers in General Practice (UK)
- Ave Maria Gratia Plena
- Sarl Aubry Mecanique Generale Precision (French: Sarl Aubry General Precision Mechanics; Saint-Herblon, France)
- American Muslims for Global Peace and Justice
- Angkatan Muda Gereja Protestan Maluku (Indonesian: Angkatan Muda Maluku Protestant Church)
- Australian Miniature Goat Registry
Samples in periodicals archive:
As part of the research, Navara and colleagues studied what happened to American goldfinch birds fed a diet rich in carotenoids.
The evening grosbeak and the American goldfinch would likely visit the bird feeder because they both eat seeds.
The Green and White Warbler and American Goldfinch, realistically painted yet set amid pulsating linear patterns like psychedelic wood grain, monitor the scene like tutelary gods.
West Nile virus-species infection rates among 248 culture-positive dead birds collected in Harris County, Texas, January 2003-March 2004 Common name Scientific name Total tested Blue Jay Cyanocitta cristata 376 American Crow Corvus brachyrhynchos 23 Loggerhead Shrike Lanius ludovicianus 14 House Sparrow Passer domesticus 119 Northern Mockingbird Mimus polyglottus 99 Mourning Dove Zenaida macroura 278 Rock Dove Columba livia 48 Inca Dove Columbina inca 38 Great-crested Flycatcher Myiarchus crinitus 1 Carolina Chickadee Parus carolinensis 3 Tufted Titmouse Baeolophus bicolor 2 Common Grackle Quiscalus quiscula 84 Orchard Oriole Icterus spurius 3 American Goldfinch Carduelis tristis 1 Common name No.
We studied the American goldfinch, a species in which females form pairs with the brightest-colored males.
A recent report says that these states could lose their state birds: Maryland Baltimore oriole California California quail Georgia brown thrasher Iowa American goldfinch Massachusetts black-capped chickadee New Hampshire purple finches Washington American goldfinch These birds have been seen less and less in the U.
American holly trees are a major food source for winter-migrating flacks of small birds such as the cedar waxwing and American goldfinch, and stands of hollies are an important fast food stop in their migrations.