Airs October 1 Oaxaca Journal by Oliver Sacks In addition to authoring nine books, including Awakenings and The Man Who Mistook His Wife For A Hat, Oliver Sacks is also a clinical professor of neurology at Albert Einstein College of Medicine and the NYU School of Medicine, and a member of the American Fern Society and the British Pteridological Society.
What does AFS stand for?
AFS stands for American Fern Society
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AFS
We have 424 other meanings of AFS in our Acronym Attic
- Alcohol Focus Scotland
- Allen Freight Services, Inc (Jacksonville, FL)
- Allergic Fungal Sinusitis
- Allied Free Sentients (gaming)
- Alphax Food System (Japan)
- Alternative Filing System
- Alternative Financial Solutions (Florissant, MO)
- Alternative Format Syntax
- Alternative Fuel Standard (energy)
- American Farm School (Greece)
- American Fertility Society (now American Society for Reproductive Medicine)
- American Field Service
- American Filtration & Separations Society
- American Fisheries Society
- American Flagship Service
- American Folklore Society
- American Food Service
- American Foreclosure Specialists
- American Foundry Society
- American Foundrymen's Society
Samples in periodicals archive:
Tom Stuart, Coordinator of American Fern Society and Mr.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Alice Faber Tryon became a member of the American Fern Society in 1946 and in 1978 was elected to honorary membership, a special category of membership for those who have made outstanding contributions to the study of ferns.