Last April, the American Family Immigration History Center in New York - with help from some 12,000 Mormon volunteers - launched an Ellis Island database no less popular.
What does AFIHC stand for?
AFIHC stands for American Family Immigration History Center
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Associazione Familiari Insonnia Familiare Fatale (Italian: Fatal Familial Insomnia Families Association)
- Air Force Information For Industry Office
- Address Facility Inventory Group
- Advanced Finance and Investment Group LLC (Africa)
- Advanced Function Image and Graphics (printer feature; IBM)
- Allen Financial Insurance Group (est. 1971; Portland, OR)
- Alternative Fuels Incentive Grant (Pennsylvania)
- Associació pel Foment de la Igualtat de Gènere (Catalan: Association for the Promotion of Gender Equality; Barcelona, Spain)
- Australian Financial Investments Group (Sydney, Australia)
- Asymmetric Field Inversion Gel Electrophoresis
- Association Francophone d'Interaction Homme-Machine (French: French Association of Human-Computer Interaction)
- American Friends of the Institute of Historical Research (London, UK)
- Agence Francaise des Investissements Internationaux (French: French Agency for International Investment)
- Agri-Food Informatics Institute
- Arbeiten Fuer India Inc. (investment bank; India)
- Artists for Israel International
- Association for Font Information Interchange
- American Feed Industry Insurance Company
- Association Française des Infirmiers et Infirmières en Neurologie et Neurochirurgie
- Air Force Intelligence Information Systems Plan
Samples in periodicals archive:
The firm's clients comprise museums, retailers, corporations and cultural institutions including Reuters, Best Buy, UBS, the Children's Museum of Los Angeles, the American Family Immigration History Center at Ellis Island and Sony Wonder Technology Lab.
The Foundation presently is working with the National Park Service, archivists, historians and designers to plan and develop The American Family Immigration History Center to be completed this year.