The summit attracted American community service experts such as City Year founder Alan Khazei, Jonathon Greenblatt from the White House Office of Social Innovation and Civic Participation and Diahann Billings-Burford, New York City's chief service officer.
What does ACS stand for?
ACS stands for American Community Service
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ACS
We have 1344 other meanings of ACS in our Acronym Attic
- American Citizen Services (US Department of State)
- American Citizens Services (US State Department)
- American Clematis Society
- American Coatings Show (trade show)
- American Cockatiel Society
- American College of Sofia (Bulgaria)
- American College of Surgeons
- American Colonization Society
- American Communications Services, Inc.
- American Community School (Abu Dhabi, UAE)
- American Community Survey (US Census Bureau)
- American Computer Software
- American Conifer Society
- American Constitution Society
- American Constitution Society for Law and Policy
- American Cooperative School (Suriname)
- American Corporate Services (various locations)
- American Correctional Solutions (healthcare; Orange, CA)
- American Cryonics Society
- American Crystal Sugar Company
Samples in periodicals archive:
As reported Thursday by Timothy Pratt in the Las Vegas Sun, the board found insufficient evidence that people Native American Community Services was to serve were given goals to find work, had been offered training for jobs in demand, or were even eligible for help.
But, at Korean American Community Services and many others, teachers themselves are often immigrants.
To that end, the board gave $489,000 to Native American Community Services on July 1.
And because a fair is not complete without souvenirs, the American Community Service Association sold pens, mugs, key chains and other items emblazoned with the embassy logo.
19 /PRNewswire/ -- The Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute's (CHCI) national housing initiative, HOGAR, Spanish word for 'home' and acronym for Homeownership a Growing American Reality, together with the Mexican American Community Service Agency (MACSA), are co-sponsors of today's event, "Opening the Doors to Homeownership Opportunities for Hispanics.
Volunteers include members from neighborhood organizations, Mayfair Improvement Initiative, Teatro de los Pobres, Mexican Heritage Plaza, San Jose East Valley GI Forum, local businesses and the Mexican American Community Services Agency.
To volunteer for a Latin American community service project, AMIGOS participants must be at least 16 years old by the project departure date, and must have completed the sophomore year of high school and at least two years of high school Spanish or the equivalent.