First, a small handful of independent legal nonprofits--led by the Center for Equal Opportunity (CEO) and the American Civil Rights Institute (ACRI)--have applied extensive pressure on colleges and universities to abandon race-conscious scholarships.
What does ACRI stand for?
ACRI stands for American Civil Rights Institute
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ACRI
We have 36 other meanings of ACRI in our Acronym Attic
- Applied Chemometrics Research Group
- Archaeological Computing Research Group (UK)
- Atmospheric Chemistry Research Group (University of Bristol; UK)
- Alaska Center for Rural Health (est. 1987)
- Argonne Cancer Research Hospital
- Atlantic Collegiate Roller Hockey Association
- Advisory Committee for Reproductive Health Drugs
- Acquisition Cost Reduction Initiative
- African Crisis Response Initiative
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Institute
- American Cocoa Research Institute
- Analytic & Computational Research, Incorporated
- Arizona Civil Rights Initiative
- Association Canadienne des Relations Industrielles (Canadian Industrial Relations Association)
- Association Canadienne pour la Recherche Infirmière (Canadian Association for Nursing Research)
- Association for Civil Rights in Israel
- Association of Crown Research Institutes Inc. (New Zealand)
- Associazione delle Casse di Risparmio Italiane (Italian banking association)
- Cellular Automata for Research and Industry (International Conference)
- AIDS Community Research Initiative of America (New York, NY)
Samples in periodicals archive:
6 million from his two tax exempt, non-profit organizations; American Civil Rights Institute (ACRI), 501(c)3, and American Civil Rights Coalition (ACRC), 501(c)4.
Wilson, a political scientist and professor emeritus at the University of California at Los Angeles, was chairman of the board of academic advisers of the American Enterprise Institute and served on the policy board of Ward Connerly's American Civil Rights Institute.
Jodi Rell (CT) and James Douglas (VT), Ward Connerly, founder/chairman of the American Civil Rights Institute, and Jerry Wallace , Presidential archivist, among others, Why Coolidge Matters reflects a common denominator: President Coolidge's civility, integrity, even-handedness and scrupulous attention to propriety provides much wisdom that can be applied to present day politics.
21 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Ward Connerly, Chairman of the American Civil Rights Institute (ACRI) and the American Civil Rights Coalition (ACRC) plans exploratory committees to ban affirmative action programs in several states with state ballot initiatives, according to the Council for Education ("Council").
The American Civil Rights Institute, a California group chaired by Ward Connerly, who led the drive to eliminate affirmative action, expressed disappointment at Clinton's defense of the practice.
Since the Michigan rulings, two advocacy groups -- the Center for Equal Opportunities and the American Civil Rights Institute -- have questioned an array of minority recruitment and other intervention programs.
20 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The following was released today by the Council on Education: Ward Connerly, Chairman of the American Civil Rights Institute (ACRI) and the American Civil Rights Coalition (ACRC), has been operating revoked non- profit corporations since 2004, the Council on Education said today.