23 American Brass Quintet Termed "positively breathtaking" by the New York Times, and "of all the brass quintets, this country's most distinguished" by the American Record Guide, the American Brass Quintet remains devoted to brass chamber music throughout its 43 years.
What does ABQ stand for?
ABQ stands for American Brass Quintet (New York City, Juilliard School residence)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ABQ
We have 11 other meanings of ABQ in our Acronym Attic
- Anti-Brony Purification Unit
- Average Billing Per User
- Acute Bee Paralysis Virus
- Air Bypass Valve
- Associação Brasileira de Patologia Veterinária (Brazilian Association of Veterinary Pathologists)
- Androgen Binding Protein Zeta
- A Better Quality
- Alban Berg Quartet (string quarter; Vienna, Austria)
- Albuquerque, NM, USA - Albuquerque International Airport (Airport Code)
- Always Be Questioning
- American Builders Quarterly (construction publication)
- Army Brass Quintet (US Army)
- Associação Brasileira de Química (Portugese: Brazilian Chemical Association)
- Association des Bibliothécaires du Québec (French: Quebec Librarians Association; Canada)
- Association des Biologistes du Québec
- Association des Brasseurs du Québec (Québec Brewers Association - Canada)
- Artisan Bakers Quality Alliance (Ontario, Canada)
- American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Physicians
- America's Best Quality Coatings (Milwaukee, WI)
- Administrative Bureau of Quota and Licence (China)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Frost Fire, by Eric Ewazen, was written to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the American Brass Quintet.
Somewhat unusually, the American Brass Quintet employs bass trombone instead of tuba as the low instrument, which allows for greater flexibility and subtler blending effects at the cost of the tuba's added solidity and distinctness.