Washington, DC: American Association of University Women Educational Foundation.
What does AAUW stand for?
AAUW stands for American Association of University Women (equality advocacy organization; est. 1881; Washington, DC)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of AAUW in our Acronym Attic
- American Association of University Students
- Anoka Area United Soccer
- Asian Association of UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) and STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- American Association of University Supervisors and Coordinators and Directors of Foreign Language Programs
- Ann Arbor United Soccer Club (Michigan)
- Assistant for Administration to the Under Secretary of the Navy
- Actual Amount of Use Test (motor function)
- Australian Awards for University Teaching
- Additional Airborne Unit Training Assemblies
- Austrian Association for University Teachers of English
- American Association of University Women Educational Foundation
- Abilities, Attitudes and Values (psychology scale)
- Accountability Acceptance Voucher
- Adeno-Associated Virus
- Adopt A Village
- Advanced Acoustics and Vibration
- Advanced Aerospace Vehicle
- Advanced Audio Visual (various organizations)
- Afloat Asset Visibility
- Air Admittance Valve (plumbing)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Signers include Americans United, the American Civil Liberties Union of Florida: Florida Education Association: American Association of University Women of Florida; American Jewish Congress, South East Region; the Anti-Defamation League, Florida Region; Florida Congress of Parents and Teachers; Florida State Conference NAACP; Gray Panthers of North-Dade; Gray Panthers of South-Dade; the League of Women Voters; the National Council of Jewish Women FL State Public Affairs and People For the American Way.
By collaborating with members of the American Association of University Women, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Alumnae and the Chinese Women's Association, the League extended its out-reach.
The American Association of University Women is well respected as a nonpartisan advocate working for women and girls for more than a century.
and co-sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Las Vegas Valley and the National Association of Women Business Owners of Southern Nevada, in partnership with members of AARP Nevada, the American Association of University Women, the Asian Chamber of Commerce, the Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance, the Caucus of African American Nevadans, Hispanics in Politics, Impacto, Junior League, Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce, National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, National Association of Professional Mortgage Women, Nevada Development Authority, National Organization for Women, Nevada Women's Lobby, Organization for Women Lawyers, Sin City Chamber of Commerce, Women's Chamber of Commerce, the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, and the Urban Chamber of Commerce.
A report by the American Association of University Women (1992) blames achievement differences on differential treatment of girls in the classroom, curricula that either ignores or stereotypes women, and gender bias that undermines girls' self-esteem.
30 /PRNewswire/ -- The American Association of University Women (AAUW) today called upon Mattel Toys to recall their "Teen Talk Barbie Doll" because the group says it perpetuates a sexist stereotype damaging to young girls' self-esteem.
She is a member of the American Association of University Women, the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, and the Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants.