The organization was founded in 1947 and merged with the American Association for Vascular Surgery in 2003.
What does AAVS stand for?
AAVS stands for American Association for Vascular Surgery
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AAVS
We have 8 other meanings of AAVS in our Acronym Attic
- American Academy of Veterinary Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride
- All American Valley Radio (magazine and online podcast)
- American Association of Veterinary Radiologists (San Diego, CA)
- Assault Amphibious Vehicle Recovery
- Amphibious Assault Vehicle Command-7A1 (US DoD)
- All Altitude Vertical Reference System
- Aerospace Audio-Visual System
- Aerospace Audiovisual Service
- American Anti-Vivisection Society
- ARN Asset Visibility System
- Automatic Add-Value Service (Octopus Cards Ltd.)
- Adeno-Associated Virus Integration Site 1
- American Association of Veterinary State Boards
- American Association of Volunteer Services Coordinators
- American Association of Variable Star Observers (aka American Association of Variable Stars Observers)
- Allied Avionics Publication
- Agencias de Viajes
- Associazione Astrofili Vittorio Veneto (Italian: Vittorio Veneto Amateur Astronomers Association; est. 1984)
- Accident At Work (insurance)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Brown said at the joint annual meeting of the American Association for Vascular Surgery and the Society for Vascular Surgery.
Rutherford is best known for his efforts in developing uniform standards for reporting practices while serving as chairman of the Committee on Reporting Standards of the Society for Vascular Surgery and the American Association for Vascular Surgery (SVS/AAVS).