The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons launches a comprehensive Web portal on all things orthopaedics.
What does AAOS stand for?
AAOS stands for American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AAOS
We have 20 other meanings of AAOS in our Acronym Attic
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Association of Accredited Online Programs international
- American Academy of Optometry
- American Academy of Oral Roentgenology (now American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology)
- Anti-Aircraft Operations Room (WWII)
- Average Annual Operating Revenues (US Federal Railroad Administration)
- American Association of Restoration Contractors
- Antiquus Arcanus Ordo Rosae Rubaea et Auraea Crucis
- Amphibious Assault Oceanographic Reconnaissance System
- Acoustic Artillery Observer Subsystem
- Analysis of Aspect Oriented Software
- Ann Arbor Orchid Society (Michigan)
- Army Aviation Operations Section
- Associated Arts of Ocean Shores (est. 1974; Ocean Shores, WA)
- Adaptive Agent Oriented Software Architecture
- American Association for Ophthalmic Standardized Echography (Iowa City, IA)
- America's Army: Open Spanish League (video game group)
- Acetoacet-O-Toluidide (chemical)
- Acqua Alta Oceanographic Tower (oceanic research)
- Anointed Authors on Tour
Samples in periodicals archive:
With more than 27,000 members, the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons is a not-for-profit organization that provides education programs for orthopaedic surgeons, allied health professionals and the public.
According to the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the nutritional supplement glucosamine appears to reduce pain, but long-term research has not yet been done on whether the substance slows degeneration of cartilage.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons recommends that a child's backpack should weigh no more than 15-20 percent of the child's body weight.
Back orders The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons suggests some of the following exercises to keep the back muscles strong and flexible.
This injury and possible prevention strategies based on results of injury prevention studies, are presented at a panel briefing during the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons 71st Annual Meeting.
Byline: - Daily News Staff and Wire Services The leather weight-lifting belts that many exercisers wear at the gym may not be as helpful as commonly believed, according to a report at the annual meeting of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons in New Orleans.
Attendees at this year's American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) 2007 Meeting (the largest gathering of Orthopedic Surgeons in the world) are also getting a chance to handle Pegasus Biologics' Bioimplants, as various sizes of the FDA cleared, sterilized, uniquely stable material are on display at the Pegasus Biologics exhibit booth.