There were very few women physician executives when she stumbled upon an organization called the I American Academy of Medical Directors (AAMD), which was later renamed the American College of Physician Executives.
What does AAMD stand for?
AAMD stands for American Academy of Medical Directors
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AAMD
We have 30 other meanings of AAMD in our Acronym Attic
- Axis and Allies Members Club
- American Alternative Medicine Certification Association (Columbus, GA)
- Association of Authorised Marriage Celebrants Australia
- American Association of Medical Chronobiology and Chronotherapeutics
- American Amusement Machine Charitable Foundation (Elk Grove Village, IL)
- American Association of Managed Care Nurses
- Anthony A. Martino Company
- Academy for Medieval and Chivalric Research (est. 1974)
- Advanced Aerospace Materials and Devices (NASA Ames Research Center)
- Air-to-Air Missile Defense
- American Association of Medical Dosimetrists
- American Association on Mental Deficiency
- Apartment Association of Metro Denver (Denver, CO)
- Association of Art Museum Directors
- Alberta Association of Municipal Districts and Counties
- Alberta Association of Municipal Districts and Counties (Canada)
- Area Air and Missile Defense Command
- Army Air & Missile Defense Command
- Automated Air Movement Data System
- Academy for Automotive and Mechanical Engineering (West Philadelphia High School; Philadelphia, PA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
the Thyroid Foundation of America, American Academy of Medical Directors, The Endocrine Society, Massachusetts Medical Society, and The Worcester District Medical Society.
Mayberry belongs to the American Academy of Medical Directors, the Society of Medical Administrators and the Institute of Medicine, National Academy of Science.
Deering was encouraged to enlarge his horizons--"build relationships, network"--by Jack Pollard, CEO of the neighboring Carle Clinic and a founding member of the American Academy of Medical Directors.
We recognized the need for physicians in administration, and we were going to start as a branch -- the American Academy of Medical Directors.
Be willing to risk and take chances When I started the American Academy of Medical Directors (now ACPE) in 1975, I was lucky that it was a time in my life when I was willing to say, "I'm going out on limb here.
That,s how I started picking up skills, and later I heard about the American Academy of Medical Directors (now ACPE) and began attending classes there.
Falls Church, VA: American Academy of Medical Directors, 1980:57-69.