The NHS has designated IDA as an ambulatory care sensitive condition (ACSC).
What does ACS stand for?
ACS stands for Ambulatory Care Sensitive
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ACS
We have 1344 other meanings of ACS in our Acronym Attic
- Alternate Care System
- Alternate Character Set
- Alternate Command System
- Alternate Control System
- Alternating Current Signal
- Alternating Current Synchronous
- Alternative Conservation System
- Altitude Control System
- Alton Convent School (UK)
- Alumni Career Services (various schools)
- American Camellia Society
- American Cancer Society
- American Carbon Society (formerly American Carbon Committee)
- American Ceramic Society
- American Cetacean Society (whale conservation group)
- American Challenge Series (athletics)
- American Cheese Society
- American Chemical Society
- American Citizen Services (US Department of State)
- American Citizens Services (US State Department)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Subsequently NCQA and Inovalon will turn their attention to the task of defining and testing a new measure, based on ambulatory care sensitive hospital admissions to identify potentially avoidable hospitalizations.
DHS (Department of Human Services Victoria) 2001 The Victorian Ambulatory Care Sensitive Conditions Study: Preliminary analyses, Public Health Division, Victorian Department of Human Services, Melbourne.
Study of Ambulatory Care Sensitive Diagnoses as a monitor of primary access, 1993: [CALIFORNIA] [Computer file].
The meaning of ambulatory care sensitive admissions: Urban and rural perspectives.
To assess the statistical reliability of the calculated ACSC admission rates, we examined the distributional properties of ACSC admissions across M+C organizations and the sufficiency of M+C organization enrollment to support the calculation of ambulatory care sensitive conditions at the M+C organization level.
Costs for treating these conditions, known as ambulatory care sensitive conditions, across CHW's network of 40 hospitals were more than $261 million in fiscal year 2010.
1 percent lower rate of adult ambulatory care sensitive inpatient admissions than non-designated practices.