Rebecca Moore of Google Earth Outreach, in association with the Amazon Conservation Team, will accompany Chief Almir in accepting the award.
What does ACT stand for?
ACT stands for Amazon Conservation Team
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ACT
We have 1155 other meanings of ACT in our Acronym Attic
- Alliance for Converging Technologies (now called Digital 4Sight)
- Alliance of Concerned Teachers (Philippines)
- Allied Command Transformation
- Alternate Cover Test (ophthalmology)
- Alternating Current Transformer
- Alternative Construction Technologies, Inc. (Melbourne, FL)
- Alternative Control Technology
- Altitude Compensated Tilt
- Aluminum Clay Tool (well logging)
- Amarillo City Transit
- America Coming Together
- American Cabaret Theatre (Indianapolis, IN)
- American Cell Technology
- American College of Theriogenologists
- American College of Toxicology (Bethesda, MD)
- American College Test
- American College Testing
- American Combat Teams
- American Congress for Truth
- American Conservatory Theater (Repertory Theatre Company In San Francisco, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Many, if not most national parks in the Amazon, are designed by urbanites and are often poorly protected," says Mark Plotkin, director of the Amazon Conservation Team, an Arlington, Va.
Liliana Madrigal, Vice President for Programs with the Virginia-based Amazon Conservation Team, which helped with the new park's planning, said she hopes it will lead to the creation of similar parks in other countries.
Set deep in the Amazon rain forest, the commercial depicts the work of the Amazon Conservation Team (ACT), a nonprofit environmental organization dedicated to partnering with indigenous peoples to map and improve the protection of endangered lands.
1 organic cereal manufacturer, has awarded a $100,000 grant from its EnviroFund to the Amazon Conservation Team (ACT), enabling the environmental group to expand its educational and cultural programs focused on the children of the Amazon.
Founded in 1995, the Amazon Conservation Team (ACT) is a private non-profit organization dedicated to working in true partnership with indigenous peoples to protect the biological and cultural diversity of tropical South America.
The awardees this year are: * Amazon Conservation Team Suriname (ACT), Kwamalasamutu, Suriname.
Mark Plotkin, president, Amazon Conservation Team, will be the final presenter in this series, with his lecture titled "Rainforest Conservation and the Search for New Jungle Medicines.