Al-Attiyah said at least five mobile amateur radio stations would be set up on Qatar's National Day (tomorrow) to amuse people on the Corniche.
What does ARS stand for?
ARS stands for Amateur Radio Station
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of ARS
We have 537 other meanings of ARS in our Acronym Attic
- Airborne Relay Station
- Airline Reservation System
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Service
- Alliance for the Re-Liberation of Somalia (political group)
- Allocation de Rentrée Scolaire (French: Back to School Allowance)
- Alt.Religion.Scientology (newsgroup)
- ALTAIR Recording System
- Alternate Route Selection
- Alternative Response Systems
- Amateur Radio Service
- American Radium Society
- American Residential Services, Inc.
- American Rhinologic Society
- American Rhododendron Society
- American Rocket Society
- American Rose Society
- Amphibious Reconnaissance School (Marine Corps)
- Anaesthetic Research Society
- Angle Resolved Scatter (measures angular distribution of light scattered from surface)
- Angular Rate Sensor
Samples in periodicals archive:
Amateur Radio Field Day - Saturday and Sunday at Pleasant Hill Fire Station on Highway 58; visitors can see amateur radio stations in action and learn how communications volunteers are able to deploy in event of disaster or large-scale emergency; small groups of operators will self-deploy to campgrounds, parks and hilltops to set up their portable equipment and test their skills, attempting to make as many contacts as they can in a 24-hour period.
Contrary to earlier representations to the ARRL and to statements in the online BPL database, IBEC's systems in these locations are not universally notching the Amateur bands as is necessary in order to avoid emissions at levels that are likely to cause harmful interference to licensed Amateur Radio stations.
They had intermittent contact with an amateur radio station in Canada and were sending out signals by a hand-held radio.
In CB3CV ChiffChaff he worked with an amateur radio station to call, contact and collect bird impersonations across the world.
This year, an amateur radio station is being set up at the 17th/20th Whitley Bay Scout Group HQ in Brantwood Avenue.
The amateur radio station will enable students to chat with enthusiasts from all over the country and to help track weather conditions for the National Weather Service.
This year's campaign will also feature a 60-second radio spot that highlights the efforts of the WX4NHC, an amateur radio station located at the National Hurricane Center.