After leaving college Chambers started the Amateur Athletic Club, which was based on cricket's MCC and which later developed into the Amateur Athletic Association.
What does AAA stand for?
AAA stands for Amateur Athletic Association (of England)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AAA
We have 912 other meanings of AAA in our Acronym Attic
- Alliance Against AIDS
- Allied Airborne Army (gaming)
- Allied Asset Advisors (investments; various locations)
- Allocations, Assessments, and Analysis
- Alpha Associates Alliance (Knoxville, Tennessee)
- Alpha-1 Association of Australia (South Perth, WA, Australia)
- Alpha-Amino Acid
- Alstyle Apparel & Activewear (clothing)
- Alternate Assembly Area
- Amateur Astronomers Association (New York City, NY)
- Amateurs d'Automobiles Anciennes (French: Vintage Car Enthusiasts)
- American Abstract Artists
- American Academy of Actuaries
- American Academy of Addictionology
- American Academy of Advertising
- American Academy of Audiology
- American Accordionists' Association
- American Accounting Association
- American Airlines Arena (Miami, FL)
- American Allergy Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Gay Softball World Series, sponsored by the National Gay Amateur Athletic Association (NAGAA had disqualified the trio from the competition after a vote on whether the men were 'gay or non-gay'.
Come to think of it, with the antibiotic and antioxidant alliance calling themselves the AAA, as they surely will, this seems bound to drive the other AAA, the Amateur Athletic Association, into the arms of the probiotics and oxidants, and since athletics is a highly effective way of producing perspiration, that makes it even more likely the antiperspirants will join the other antis.
Jamaican Amateur Athletic Association president Howard Aris confirmed an agreement had been reached after only two days of talks.
None of those offer USA Track and Field or the Jamaican Amateur Athletic Association the benefits from a head-to-head showdown of their sprint stars from the Beijing Olympics.
THE CYPRUS Amateur Athletic Association (KOEAS) yesterday insisted that hammer throw Skevi Theodorou was indeed sick and seen by a doctor during the Olympics.
After the Olympics, Dick beat French Olympic 400m runners, Teneveaux and Galtier, in an Amateur Athletic Association match against France.
We will not decide until August, when we have to let the Jamaica Amateur Athletic Association know," his coach Glen Mills said.