Johnson was employed for more than 25 years at Cranston Print Works Company in Webster where he was president of Local 1751 of the Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union.
What does ACTWU stand for?
ACTWU stands for Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ACTWU
We have 1 other meaning of ACTWU in our Acronym Attic
- Advanced Compatible Television
- Atlantic County Trail Volunteers (New Jersey)
- Auburn Community Television (Tennessee)
- Azienda del Consorzio Trasporti Veneziano (Venice Public Transport Company, Italy)
- Anaheim Community Television Channel 3 (Orange County, CA)
- American Community Television Association
- Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers (union)
- Activation Warning
- Alberta Chapter of the Wildlife Society (Canada)
- Atlantic Communication and Technical Workers Union (labor union; Canada)
- Abilene Christian University (formerly Abilene Christian College; Abilene, TX, USA)
- Acceleration Control Unit
- Acknowledgement Signal Unit
- Acquisition Control Unit
- Actors' Church Union (Church of England organisation for the entertainment industry)
- Address Calculation Unit (digital electronics)
- Advanced Combat Uniform
- African Cinema Unit (University of Cape Town; South Africa)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The author, Debra Lindsay, was commissioned by Local 459 of the Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union to write a history of the local to commemorate its 50th Anniversary.
Born in July 1995 when the International Ladies Garment Workers Union and the Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union joined forces, UNITE is swimming against some strong currents in the American economy.
Two Sides Atwood and Corneal filed their suit on behalf of all participants in the ESOP, according to Michael Zucker, national field director for the Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union.
negotiators for the Cotton Garment Manufacturers Association and the Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union began contract talks to replace agreements that are scheduled to expire this year for some 38,000 workers nationwide.
ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 21, 1995--The Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union (ACTWU) won a vote of confidence on its 5-year unprecedented contract with Hoechst Celanese that includes $40 million dollars in wage and benefit increases.
NEW YORK, May 3 /PRNewswire/ -- Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union (ACTWU) members overwhelmingly ratified a new three-year contract with the Clothing Manufacturers Association (CMA) this past week.
Clothing workers accept 3-year accord More than 45,000 employees in the men's and boys' apparel industry were covered by a settlement between the Clothing Manufacturers Association and the Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union.