Johnson was employed for more than 25 years at Cranston Print Works Company in Webster where he was president of Local 1751 of the Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union.
What does ACTW stand for?
ACTW stands for Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers (union)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of ACTW in our Acronym Attic
- Action Tchadienne pour l'Unité et Le Socialisme (Chadian Action for Unity and Socialism)
- ASW (Anti-Submarine Warfare) Continuous Trail Unmanned Vehicle
- Advanced Compatible Television
- Atlantic County Trail Volunteers (New Jersey)
- Auburn Community Television (Tennessee)
- Azienda del Consorzio Trasporti Veneziano (Venice Public Transport Company, Italy)
- Anaheim Community Television Channel 3 (Orange County, CA)
- American Community Television Association
- Activation Warning
- Alberta Chapter of the Wildlife Society (Canada)
- Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union
- Atlantic Communication and Technical Workers Union (labor union; Canada)
- Abilene Christian University (formerly Abilene Christian College; Abilene, TX, USA)
- Acceleration Control Unit
- Acknowledgement Signal Unit
- Acquisition Control Unit
- Actors' Church Union (Church of England organisation for the entertainment industry)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The author, Debra Lindsay, was commissioned by Local 459 of the Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union to write a history of the local to commemorate its 50th Anniversary.
Born in July 1995 when the International Ladies Garment Workers Union and the Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union joined forces, UNITE is swimming against some strong currents in the American economy.
Negotiators for the Cotton Garment Industry Group and the Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers signed a 2-year contract covering some 11,000 employees working at several apparel manufacturers, including Arrow Shirt, Pendleton Woollen Mills, Manhattan Shirt, and The Apparel Group, Ltd.
at the Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union auditorium, 31 West 15th St.
In Harlingen, near the border with Mexico, Fruit of the Loom has pulled out all stops to derail an organizing effort by the Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union.
negotiators for the Cotton Garment Manufacturers Association and the Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union began contract talks to replace agreements that are scheduled to expire this year for some 38,000 workers nationwide.
NEW YORK, May 3 /PRNewswire/ -- Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union (ACTWU) members overwhelmingly ratified a new three-year contract with the Clothing Manufacturers Association (CMA) this past week.