As well as getting chemotherapy for the cancer, metastatic alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma, Hamish had surgery to remove a large tumour above his left knee.
What does ARMS stand for?
ARMS stands for Alveolar Rhabdomyosarcoma (cancer)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ARMS
We have 145 other meanings of ARMS in our Acronym Attic
- Advocates Reforming Medical Standards
- Aerial Radiological Measurement and Survey
- Aerial Reconnaissance Multi-Sensor (US DoD)
- Agile Remote Mission Squad (gaming)
- Agricultural Resource Management Study
- Air Refueling Management System
- Aircraft Readiness Maintainability Simulator
- Aircrew Resource Management System
- All Radio Marketing Study
- Alliance for Regional Military Support
- AMDF (Army Master Data File) Retrieval Microform System
- American River Management Society
- Ammunition Reporting Management System
- Animal Records Management System (software)
- Annual Reliability and Maintainability Symposium
- APSAC Reocclusion Multicenter Study
- Arcadia Middle School
- Architecture for Reliable Managed Storage
- Area Radiation Monitoring System
- Armament Retooling Manufacturing Support (US Army)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It can also potentially treat children with neuroblastoma, Wilms' tumor, Retinoblastoma, Ewing's sarcoma, Rhabdoid tumor, alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma, and glioblastoma.
Madelaine's family travel 100 miles from their Minnesota home each day so she can be treated for alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma - a rare form of cancer.
In March 2002, rare facial cancer Alveolar Rhabdomyosarcoma was diagnosed by doctors and managed by a six-month course of chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
Recently, a metastatic alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma was reported to increase CK-MB and TnT in serum (1, 2).
On January 11, 2008, at age 16 Jordan's life changed forever when he was diagnosed with stage four alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma, a highly malignant soft-tissue cancer in the muscle cells.
Within a week, he was diagnosed with metastatic alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma, a cancer that attacks muscle cells.
The cancer, called alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma (ARMS), arises from immature skeletal muscle cells that remain partially differentiated (do not acquire all the characteristics of a mature muscle cell).