Currently, 48 hedge funds and fund of funds are members of AIMA Canada, the Alternative Investment Management Association.
What does AIMA stand for?
AIMA stands for Alternative Investment Management Association
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of AIMA
We have 32 other meanings of AIMA in our Acronym Attic
- Applications in Mathematics for High Schools
- Army Installation Management HQ Information
- Automated Installation Management - Headquarters Information (model)
- Automatic Integrated Circuit Modeling SPICE
- Abridged Index Medicus Accessed by Teletypewriter Exchange Service
- Association of Independent Manufacturers'/Representatives, Inc. (Laguna Hills, CA)
- Association of Industry Manufacturers Representatives
- Air Interface Multiple Access
- All India Management Association
- Alliance of International Media Artists
- Army Information and Mission Area
- Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach (textbook)
- Asociación Ecuatoriana de Industriales de la Madera
- Associação dos Industriais de Montagem de Automóveis
- Association des Internationaux des Mines d'Alès
- Associazione Italiana Malattia di Alzheimer
- Australasian Institute for Maritime Archaeology
- Australasian Integrative Medicine Association
- Ayvalik International Music Academy (Balikesir, Turkey)
- Accademia Italiana di Medicina Anti-Aging
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Alternative Investment Management Association, an association of hedge funds, slammed the ban as ineffective and emphasized that short selling is a "legitimate market practice.
The California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS) has strongly endorsed a new guide by the Investor Steering Committee of the Alternative Investment Management Association (AIMA), the global hedge fund association, to promote better alignment of interests between institutional investors and hedge fund managers.
This directive is not a proportionate regulatory response to any of the identified causes of the current crisis," said Florence Lombard, executive director of the Alternative Investment Management Association.
Andrew Baker, who played a major role in building a number of successful funds, has been pushed forward as deputy chief executive of the Alternative Investment Management Association to speak up for the industry.
The Alternative Investment Management Association (AIMA), which represents hedge funds around the world, is keen not to overstate the influence of the activists, but describes them as a "small but growing minority".
The Alternative Investment Management Association (AIMA), which represents hedge funds round the world, is keen not to overstate the influence of the activists, but describes them as a "small but growing minority".
The Alternative Investment Management Association is a forum for hedge funds, managed futures and currency management.