The Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (the "Directive") establishes common requirements across the EU to regulate managers of alternative investment funds ("AIFMs").
What does AIFM stand for?
AIFM stands for Alternative Investment Fund Manager
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other meanings of AIFMOther Resources:
We have 9 other definitions for AIFM in our Acronym Attic
- All Is Fair in Love and War
- Workshop on Artificial Intelligence from the Information Processing Perspective
- Associate of the Institution of Fire Engineers
- America-Israel Friendship League (est. 1971; various locations)
- American Indoor Football League
- Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale
- Assessment Is for Learning (UK)
- Atlantic Indoor Football League (est. 2006)
- Australian Infrastructure Fund Limited (formerly Australian Privatisation Fund Limited)
- American Institute for Free Labor Development
- Aromatase Inhibitor for Men
- ASEAN Institute of Forest Management
- Association Internationale Forêts Méditerranéennes (French: International Association for Mediterranean Forests)
- Associazione Italiana di Fisica Medica
- Associazione Italiana Finiture Metalli (Italian: Italian Finishing Metals Association)
- Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (EU)
- Aberdeen International Fund Managers Limited
- All India Federation of Master Printers
- Associazione Italiana Frantoiani Oleari (Italian: Italian Association of Oil Pressers; est. 1996; Italy)
- Atomic International Follow On
Samples in periodicals archive:
On July 2013, the EU's Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD) will impose UCITS-type regulations on virtually all private funds marketing in the EU.
The conference includes roundtable discussions focussed on the alternatives space, including a special session on the" new Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive that will change the way in which these funds can be distributed in the EU.
This adaptation of regulated funds embodies the industry's anticipation of the various directives on alternative investment fund managers.
Commenting on the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD) he pointed out that it is much broader in its scope than hedge funds and private equity firms.
Former Spanish premier Felipe Gonzalez, whose country has repeatedly accused "Anglo-Saxon" speculators of deliberate targeting, said on Saturday that Britain's refusal to entertain eurozone curbs on alternative investment fund managers in March had cost Europe dearly.
net/) , the Emerging Markets Private Equity Association, has strongly advised Members of the European Parliament (MEPs) to vote with caution when adopting proposals on third country arrangements of the draft Alternative Investment Fund Managers ("AIFM") Directive on 27th April.
According to the EU, the Alternative Investment Fund Managers (AIFM) Directive will "introduce a harmonised, comprehensive and effective regulatory and supervisory framework" for the organisations affected.