He served as VALOR's principal operations architect during the company's business start-up in 2000 and was instrumental in the development of the company's Alternative Form of Regulation Plan, which guides VALOR's capital investment plan in the State of New Mexico.
What does AFOR stand for?
AFOR stands for Alternative Form of Regulation (governmental business regulation)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of AFOR
- and for other purposes
- Association for the Freedom of Oppressed Plushies
- Association Française des industries de l'Optique et de la Photonique
- Association of Farmworker Opportunity Programs
- African Oil Palm Development Association
- Air Force Outreach Program Office
- Armed Forces Overarching Personnel Strategy (UK)
- Air Force Officer Qualifying Test
- Air Force Officer Qualifying Test Score
- Advances in Futures and Options Research (finance)
- Army Forces
- Association for Orthopaedic Research (Switzerland)
- Assumption of Full Operational Responsibility (US Navy)
- Automated Forces
- Air Force Office of Research Analysis
- Alliance for Democracy (Malawi)
- Adiministradora de Fondos para el Retiro (Spanish)
- Air Force Operational Reporting System
- Air Force Operational Interoperability Requirements Group
- Air Force Operations Resource Management System
Samples in periodicals archive:
a) Editor notes: -- The two-phased approach to rate implementation recognizes that, in Oregon, about 70 percent of the company's business is regulated under a traditional cost-of-service basis and the remaining amount, approximately 30 percent, is handled under Alternative Form of Regulation (AFOR), which is due to expire June 30, 2001.
and WorldCom today filed a joint motion with the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO) to intervene in the proceeding on SBC Ameritech Ohio's November 22nd application for approval of an Alternative Form of Regulation.
The plan, called an Alternative Form of Regulation (AFOR), provides a different form of regulation based on price and service quality that is more suited to the developing competitive telecommunications market.
Advantage Ohio is an alternative form of regulation that allowed Ameritech to prepare for the competition it now faces, along with providing significant benefits for its business and residential customers in Ohio.
Ameritech was granted an alternative form of regulation during 1995 as part of its so-called "Advantage Ohio" proposal.
If viable local exchange competition develops as the result of the Commission establishing the appropriate terms for interconnection to Bell Atlantic Maryland's network, then the Commission could consider an alternative form of regulation for Bell Atlantic Maryland, Mr.
The filing was made under Act 67 of 1993, which provides for an alternative form of regulation and modernization of the state's telecommunications infrastructure.