In the new hypernuclei experiment, a team of 50 scientists from six countries used a Brookhaven accelerator known as the Alternating Gradient Synchrotron to direct the world's most intense proton beam at a piece of tungsten.
What does AGS stand for?
AGS stands for Alternating Gradient Synchrotron
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AGS
We have 301 other meanings of AGS in our Acronym Attic
- Alaska Ground Station
- Alberta Genealogical Society
- Alberta Government Services (Alberta, Canada)
- Allegis Group Services
- Alliance for Global Sustainability
- Alliance Ground Surveillance (NATO)
- Allied Geographic Section
- Alpha Gamma Sigma (scholastic honor society)
- Alpine Garden Society
- Alternating Gradient Synchroton
Samples in periodicals archive:
Chung and his collaborators analyzed data obtained at Brookhaven's Alternating Gradient Synchrotron in collisions of fast-moving pions; with protons in a liquid hydrogen target.
At the Brookhaven National Laboratory's Alternating Gradient Synchrotron in Upton, N.