The researchers then tried to develop the latent prints at timed intervals by employing several methods, including the use of lasers, alternate light sources, iodine/silver transfer, cyanoacrylate fuming (commonly referred to as "glue fuming"), regular and fluorescent powders, specially formulated powders, regular and fluorescent magnetic powders, liquid iodine, RAM, ardrox, and thenoyl europium chelate.
What does ALS stand for?
ALS stands for Alternate Light Source
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ALS
We have 425 other meanings of ALS in our Acronym Attic
- Alexander Language Schools (London, England)
- All Ladies Shaved
- All Weather Landing System
- Alliance Laundry Systems (Wisconsin)
- Alliance of Literary Societies
- Allocation de Logement à Caractère Social (French: Allocation of Social Housing; student housing)
- Allocation de Logement Social (French: housing allowance)
- Alpha Language School (Japan)
- Alternate Landing Site
- Alternate Landing Strip
Samples in periodicals archive:
The gas mixture expands, uniformly coating all exposed surfaces (the evidence), thus depositing a thin film which adheres to, or chemically reacts with, the print residue making it visible to the unaided eye or under alternate light source (ALS) or laser excitation.
These items are used at outdoor crime scenes to construct tents or to fabricate blackout areas in order to search for fiber evidence with an alternate light source.