[It] has the potential to be an excellent alternate light source to low-pressure mercury lamps, excimer lamps and deuterium lamps.
What does ALS stand for?
ALS stands for Alternate Light Source
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ALS
We have 426 other meanings of ALS in our Acronym Attic
- Alexander Language Schools (London, England)
- All Ladies Shaved
- All Weather Landing System
- Alliance Laundry Systems (Wisconsin)
- Alliance of Literary Societies
- Allocation de Logement à Caractère Social (French: Allocation of Social Housing; student housing)
- Allocation de Logement Social (French: housing allowance)
- Alpha Language School (Japan)
- Alternate Landing Site
- Alternate Landing Strip
Samples in periodicals archive:
Lasers, alternate light sources, and chemical detection methods now accompany fingerprint powder in any crime scene examiners tool kit.
The researchers then tried to develop the latent prints at timed intervals by employing several methods, including the use of lasers, alternate light sources, iodine/silver transfer, cyanoacrylate fuming (commonly referred to as "glue fuming"), regular and fluorescent powders, specially formulated powders, regular and fluorescent magnetic powders, liquid iodine, RAM, ardrox, and thenoyl europium chelate.