In addition, the effort has the support of the San Joaquin Regional Rail Commission, which operates the Altamont Commuter Express and is the Authority's partner in the Altamont Corridor Rail Project.
What does ACE stand for?
ACE stands for Altamont Commuter Express
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ACE
We have 1419 other meanings of ACE in our Acronym Attic
- Allegro Crypto Engine (Cisco)
- Alliance for Beverage Cartons and the Environment
- Alliance for Civic Engagement (various schools)
- Alliance for Clean Energy
- Alliance for Construction Excellence
- Alliance for Consumer Education
- Alliance for Customer Excellence
- Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals, Inc.
- Allied Capital Express (now part of Business Loan Express, Inc.)
- Allied Command, Europe
- Alternate Capability Equipment
- Alternating Conditional Expectations
- Alternative and Complimentary Education (Wigan Metropolitan Borough Council)
- Alternative Center for Education
- Alternative Cooperative Education
- Alternative Curriculum in Education
- Alternatives for Community and Environment
- America's Cash Express
- American Cheer Elite (cheerleading camp)
- American Cinema Editors
Samples in periodicals archive:
In Stockton, the number of people using the Altamont Commuter Express, has surged by 15%.
Along with Metrolink, the proposed ban would apply to Caltrain, the Coaster train in northern San Diego County and the Altamont Commuter Express.
The program, immensely popular to the 7,000 employee and student "Commute Club" members, includes cash incentives for turning in a parking permit and switching to commute alternatives; free travel on Stanford's Marguerite shuttle; free rides for eligible employees on Caltrain, VTA, AC Transit and the Altamont Commuter Express train; an emergency ride home program; and facilities to make biking easier.
PointShot Wireless is currently active in Wi-Fi trials with Altamont Commuter Express (ACE), a commuter train service running between Stockton and San Jose, California; VIA Rail, an intercity rail service running between Toronto, Ontario, Montreal and Quebec; and Amtrak's Capitol Corridor, an intercity rail service, operating from Sacramento to San Jose, California.
Transit will be free all day on Bay Area bus and light-rail systems, and until 12 noon on BART, Caltrain, Altamont Commuter Express (ACE) and Amtrak Capitol Corridor trains, and on the Golden Gate, Alameda-Oakland, Alameda-Harbor Bay and Vallejo Baylink ferries.
Commuter rail services using BiLevel technology include GO Transit in Toronto, Metrolink in Los Angeles, Sound Transit in Seattle, West Coast Express in Vancouver, Coaster in San Diego, the South Florida Regional Transportation Authority in Miami, Trinity Railway Express in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, Altamont Commuter Express out of Stockton, California, the Peninsula Commuter Service between San Jose and San Francisco, and the Virginia Railway Express into Washington DC.
The three morning trains of the Altamont Commuter Express (ACE) attracted a total of 1,790 riders yesterday, a 19 percent increase over the 1,507 passengers who boarded the trains on June 15.