The protocols described here employ alpha lipoic acid and low-dose naltrexone in the treatment of acute hepatic toxicity, various forms of hepatitis, cirrhosis, and hepatocarcinoma.
What does ALA stand for?
ALA stands for Alpha Lipoic Acid
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ALA
We have 341 other meanings of ALA in our Acronym Attic
- Åland Islands (Finland)
- Alarm Application
- Alberta Agriculture
- Alcatel Leadership Association
- Alighting Area (aeronautics)
- Aliter Lex Ait (Latin: the law says someting different, epigraphy)
- All Letters Answered (classified ads)
- Allocated Loan Amount (finance)
- Almaty, Kazakhstan - Almaty (Airport Code)
- Alpha-Linolenic Acid
- Alternative Learning Academy
- Alternative Location Algorithm
- Amalgamated Lithographers of America
- American Laryngological Association
- American Latvian Association
- American Leadership Academy
- American League of Anglers
- American Legion Auxiliary (est. 1919; various locations)
- American Library Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Overweight or obese individuals who received 1,800 mg of alpha lipoic acid daily for 20 weeks lost more weight compared with subjects who did not receive lipoic acid.
14) Nevertheless, randomized clinical trials of alpha lipoic acid or of the sodium salt of R-alpha lipoic acid given orally and synergistically combined with vitamin C have not been done.
a biopharmaceutical company focused on chronic kidney and cardiometabolic diseases, announced today the execution of an in-license agreement for a patent application related to a salt of an alpha lipoic acid derivative from BioLink Life Sciences, Inc.
Four point two mg/body weight of alpha lipoic acid was concomintantly supplemented to the ALA group.
Alpha Lipoic Acid Claims/Benefits: Powerful anti-inflammatory agent that also protects cells from free radical damage, improves collagen production, reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Scottsdale, AZ-based Sun Country Naturals has introduced Youthful Essentials Wrinkle serum, a marriage of a dipeptide of amino-acids, beta-alanine and L-histidine, alpha lipoic acid and DMAE.
That's because alpha lipoic acid consists of only 50% active R-lipoic and 50% inactive S-lipoic acid.