The loss data in this report will be presented on an accident and treaty-year basis and will include information for the company's cumulative paid and reported loss and allocated loss adjustment expenses as of December 31, 2011.
What does ALAE stand for?
ALAE stands for Allocated Loss Adjustment Expense
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ALAE
We have 4 other meanings of ALAE in our Acronym Attic
- Aire Limitée Adaptation Dynamique Développement International
- Alpha Lipoic Acid in Diabetic Neuropathy (clinical trial)
- Atmospheric Laser Doppler Instrument
- Assistant de Lutte Automatisé et de Détection des Infections Nosocomiales à partir de Documents Textuels Hospitaliers (French: Wizard Control and Automated Detection of Nosocomial Infections from Hospital of Textual Records; National Agency for Research)
- Aire Limitée Adaptation Dynamique Développement International - Keep in Touch
- A Laugh a Day Keeps the Doctor Away
- Academic Library Advancement and Development Network
- Association for Los Angeles Deputy Sheriffs
- Airlift Advisory
- Aerospace Logistics and Electronics (Japan)
- Architects and Landscapers Association of Elanthia (online gaming)
- Architectural and Landscaping Association of Elanthia (Gemstone online game group)
- Association of Licensed Aircraft Engineers
- Atmospheric Lyman Alpha Experiment (NASA)
- Atmospheric Lyman-Alpha Emissions
- Australian Licenced Aircraft Engineers Association
- American Lung Association of the East Bay (California)
- American Lung Association of Eastern Missouri
- A Lesbian Arts Festival (Dublin, Ireland)
- Adult Literacy Achievement Framework (Ministry of Education; New Zealand)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Allocated loss adjustment expenses refer to those expenses incurred that cannot be readily identified to a specific claim or file.
The intent of the reinsurance provided by the captive was to reinsure nearly 100% of all indemnity and allocated loss adjustment expense for the parent's risk, yet the captive contested the contract on the basis of ambiguous language.
Among the factors that should be considered in average claim cost comparisons is allocated loss adjustment expense (ALAE), which is defined as an expense that can be clearly assigned to an individual claim.
The Company had previously announced on February 5, 2004 that it had notified the New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance of the need to increase its loss and allocated loss adjustment expense reserves based on the progress of its annual audit at that time.
B) Includes allocated loss adjustment expenses and catastrophe reinsurance reinstatement premiums.
Typically, legal expenses are the largest component of allocated loss adjustment expenses.
OTC:MIIX) announced it has advised the New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance ("Department") of the need to increase its loss and allocated loss adjustment expense (ALAE) reserves based on the progress of the annual audit to date.