Sir John was responsible for many major agreements on planning and operational issues and was noted for his authoritative, but genial, approach to the great many detailed and difficult situations he faced - not least the sometimes opposing stances of Allied Tactical Air Forces commanded by the British and the Americans.
What does ATAF stand for?
ATAF stands for Allied Tactical Air Force (NATO)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ATAF
We have 4 other meanings of ATAF in our Acronym Attic
- Antique Tribal Art Dealers Association
- Advanced Tactical Directed Energy System (US DoD)
- Army Tactical Air Defense System
- FAA Air Traffic Activity Database System
- Automotive Trade Association Executives (est. 1915)
- Aviation Academy Training Aircraft Engineers for the Aviation Industry (est. 1998; Australia)
- Aviation Training for Aviation Engineers
- Australian Theatrical and Amusement Employees Association
- African Tax Administration Forum (South Africa)
- All Tools Accounted For
- And That's a Fact
- Athletic Trainers Association of Florida
- ATM Test Access Function
- Automatic Tariff Adjustment Formula (economics)
- Azienda Trasporti Area Fiorentina (Italian transport company; Florence, Italy)
- Annual Thomas Aeronautical Flight Competition
- Airborne Target Acquisition & Fire Control System
- Automated Training Analysis & Feedback System
- American Theatre Arts for Youth, Inc. (Philadelphia, PA)
- Aid to Artisans Ghana
Samples in periodicals archive:
One of these was the strictly reconnaissance Royal Flush held annually between the 2d and 4th Allied Tactical Air Forces.
He was awarded the Meritorious Service Medal for outstanding service as a noncommissioned officer in charge of the personal division to the 6th Allied Tactical Air Force from 1968 to 1969.
In November 1953, General Lee was assigned to command the Fourth Allied Tactical Air Force and the Twelfth U.
Air Forces in Europe) and the Fourth Allied Tactical Air Force at Wiesbaden, Germany.