the Staley local of the Allied Industrial Workers arrived at the bargaining table to discover that the new owners expected them to accept "rotating shifts, the deskilling of jobs, the elimination of most safety procedures, and other major concessions.
What does AIW stand for?
AIW stands for Allied Industrial Workers (labor union)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of AIW
We have 47 other meanings of AIW in our Acronym Attic
- Artificial Intelligence Vision Research Unit
- After Image Visual Services
- American Institute for Verdi Studies (New York, NY)
- Alternate Interrupt Vector Table
- Allgemeine Immobilien Vermögensverwaltung (German: General Real Estate Asset Management)
- American Indian Vietnam Veterans project (Congressional effort to examine PTSD)
- Accelerated Improvement Workshop
- Adventures in Wine (California)
- Alice in Wonderland
- All-In-Wonder (ATI video cards)
- Alpha in the Workplace (Christian course)
- American Indian Wars
- Angers International Welcome (France)
- APPN Implementers' Workshop
- Art Institute of Washington (Arlington, VA)
- Arts of the Islamic World (Queens College; New York, NY)
- As It Were/Was
- Iraqi Airways (ICAO code)
- Al-Iktissad Wal-Aamal (Arabic: Economy and Hope; business magazine)
- Alliance of International Wado-ryu (martial arts organization; UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Last year at Christmastime, 60 members of Decatur's clergy signed a newspaper ad calling for peace and goodwill between the warring parties, Local 837 of the Allied Industrial Workers and Staley management.
The day marks the fiftieth anniversary of Allied Industrial Workers Local 837, the union that represents some 760 workers at Decatur's A.