Ambassador Ronny Jumeau, from the Seychelles and part of the Alliance of small island states, said.
What does AOSIS stand for?
AOSIS stands for Alliance of Small Island States
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AOSIS
- Arkansas Occupational Safety and Health (Arkansas Department of Labor)
- American Overseas Schools Historical Society (Kansas)
- Advanced Organization/Saint Hill United Kingdom
- Advanced Orientation Systems, Inc. (Linden, NJ)
- Area of Strategic Interest
- Asosiasi Open Source Indonesia
- Autism Observation Scale for Infants
- Athabasca Oil Sands Investments Inc. (Canada)
- Airline Open Systems Interconnection Profile
- African Online Scientific Information Systems (Cape Town, South Africa)
- Anglican Order Of Saint John (religious order)
- Abbey Office Supplies Ltd. (Dublin, Ireland)
- Authorized Organizational Stockage List
- Adaptive Optics Scanning Laser Ophthalmoscope
- Academy of On-Site Massage (acupressure; UK)
- Air/Ocean Shipboard Measurement
- Alcohol or Other Substance Misuse
- Asia Oceania Service Meeting (Alcoholics Anonymous)
- Associated Orthopedics and Sports Medicine (Plano, TX)
- Architectural and OS Support for Multimedia Applications
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to CNN, Keke leads the Alliance of Small Island States (AOSIS) at the current U.
Time is running out to prevent the loss of entire nations and other calamities in our membership and around the world," added the Alliance of Small Island States (AOSIS), gathering nations badly at risk from warming-induced rising sea levels.
Related article: Sweden announces climate aid to poor countries The 42-member Alliance of Small Island States (AOSIS), including Tuvalu, and the bloc of mainly African Least Developed Countries, have rejected the widely held goal of keeping global temperatures from rising more than 2.
The Alliance of Small Island States has also grown much feistier and better-organized.
An Alliance of Small Island States (AOSIS) representative on Wednesday appealed to Canada to aim for deeper cuts in carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions at upcoming international climate talks in Copenhagen.
The tiny states support the call of the Alliance of Small Island States (AOSIS) global grouping, which has called for 45 percent cuts below 1990 levels in greenhouse gas emissions by 2020 and 85 percent cuts worldwide by 2050.
The Alliance of Small Island States is pushing for cuts in greenhouse gas emissions of 85 per cent by that deadline.