At that time, NLC joined with the United States Conference of Mayors (USCM), the National Association of Counties, the International Municipal Lawyers Association, and the National Association of Telecommunications Officers and Advisors (NATOA) to form the Alliance of Local Organizations Against Preemption to pursue legal and regulatory actions.
What does ALOAP stand for?
ALOAP stands for Alliance of Local Organizations Against Preemption
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Waterloo, IA, USA - Waterloo Municipal Airport (Airport Code)
- Adaptive Level One Accelerator (US NASA)
- Adult Learning Outcomes Assessment (University of Phoenix)
- American Lingual Orthodontic Association (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Associated Locksmiths of America
- Association for Lebanese Organic Agriculture (Beirut, Lebanon)
- Association of Lutheran Older Adults (Baltimore, MD)
- Australian Landfill Owners Association (Victoria, Australia)
- Asset Library Open Architecture Framework
- At Least Once Asked Questions
- Agenda-Led Outcome-Based Analysis (communication guidelines)
- Acceptable Level of Competence (Department of Army appraisal system)
- Acute Level Of Care
- Acute Loss of Consciousness
- Additional Location Details
- Administrative & Logistical Operations Center
- Advance Line of Credit
- Advance Logistics Officers Course
- Air Lines of Communications (US DoD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The National League of Cities, along with the other members of the newly formed Alliance of Local Organizations Against Preemption (ALOAP), is taking its fight against the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) ruling on cable modem services to the federal courts.
The newly formed Alliance of Local Organizations Against Preemption (ALOAP) is being created by local government groups to strengthen the ability to fight these decisions before the courts and the FCC.