2 person at the US embassy in Kigali, [Rwanda], travelled from Kigali to eastern Zaire to initiate intelligence contacts with the Alliance of Democratic Forces for the Liberation of Congo-Zaire (AFDL-CZ) rebels under the command of the late President Laurent Kabila.
What does ADFL stand for?
ADFL stands for Alliance of Democratic Forces for the Liberation of Congo-Zaire (1996-1997)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ADFL
We have 5 other meanings of ADFL in our Acronym Attic
- Apparel, Design, Facility and Hospitality Management (also seen as ADFH; North Dakota State University)
- Australian Defence Force Helicopter School (Australian Department of Defence)
- Air Defense Forces Institute (Saudi Arabia)
- Arizona Department of Financial Institutions
- Association for the Defense of the Family and the Individual (France)
- Average Daily Feed Intake
- Association of Development Financing Institutions in Asia and the Pacific (banking institutions)
- Association of Development Finance Institutions of Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- Australian Defence Force Investigative Service (est. 2007)
- Accumulated Deferred Federal Income Taxes
- Antiques Dealers Fair Limited (trade show organizer; UK)
- Artbeats Digital Film Library
- Asia Diversified Fund Limited (Olympus Funds)
- Association for the Defense of the French Language
- Association of Departments of Foreign Languages (est. 1969)
- Alliance of Democratic Forces for the Liberation of Congo
- Airway Dilation Following Lung Inflation
- All-Digital Frequency-Locked Loop
- Abu Dhabi Financial Market (United Arab Emirates)
- Acoustic Doppler Flow Meter
Samples in periodicals archive:
There were no immediate casualty reports from Shabunda and Walikale, two other towns under the control of Laurent Kabila's Alliance of Democratic Forces for the Liberation of Congo-Zaire, which began fighting Zairian troops in September.
The Company concluded binding contractual arrangements for a 55% interest in these concessions with Gecamines and the Government of Zaire on November 30, 1996 and has had the Alliance of Democratic Forces for the Liberation of Congo-Zaire ratify these arrangements on May 2, 1997.