The court granted a motion filed by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) and the Alliance of Artists and Recording Companies (AARC) seeking a TRO based on the judge's conclusion that the organizations are likely to prevail on their position that the Rio violates the Audio Home Recording Act (AHRA).
What does AARC stand for?
AARC stands for Alliance of Artists and Recording Companies
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AARC
We have 115 other meanings of AARC in our Acronym Attic
- Affirmative Action Recruiting Consortium (Massachusetts)
- Air to Air Refuelling Controller
- Aircraft Asset Recovery Corporation (Ann Arbor, MI)
- Alamo Area Regional Command
- Alaska Autism Resource Center
- Albemarle Amateur Radio Club (Albemarle County, Virginia)
- Alberta Adolescent Recovery Center (Alberta, Canada)
- Alger Amateur Radio Club
- All Arms Recruit Course (New Zealand)
- Alliance for Acid Rain Control
- Alternative Agricultural Research and Commercialization Corporation
- Ambler Area Running Club (Pennsylvania)
- American Association for Respiratory Care
- Amicale Alpine Renault du Cher (French car club)
- Anderson Army Reserve Center (Troy, Alabama)
- Anglo-American Cataloguing Rules
- Anne Arundel Radio Club
- Asian American Resource Center (Pomona College)
- Association of Airline Representatives in Canada (IATA)
- Atsugi Amateur Radio Club (Kanagawa, Japan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
9, 1998--In a move to protect the creative content of the music industry, the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), joined by the Alliance of Artists and Recording Companies, has filed a complaint against San Jose-based Diamond Multimedia.