The lawsuit by the Alliance for the Wild Rockies seeks to block the sale of 15 million board feet of timber on 1,242 acres in the Selkirk Mountains of northeastern Washington and northern Idaho.
What does AWR stand for?
AWR stands for Alliance for the Wild Rockies (conservation group, Missoula, MT)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AWR
We have 63 other meanings of AWR in our Acronym Attic
- Aquifer Water Quality Standard (Arizona)
- Aluminum Welding Qualification Test (automotive industry)
- Additional Work Request
- Advanced Warranty Replacement
- Advances in Water Resources (Elsevier publication)
- Adventist World Radio
- Agent Web Ranking (software)
- Air Weapon Range
- Airworthiness Release
- Alaskan Wildlife Refuge
Samples in periodicals archive:
Mike Bader, a consultant for the Alliance for the Wild Rockies, says old-growth forests and lichen that caribou depend on have been threatened by human disturbance such as new roads, timber harvests and recreation.
the Alliance for the Wild Rockies in Missoula, Mont.