Alliance for Quality Nursing Home Care "Deeply Alarmed" by Still More Medicare Cuts; Says Passage of Post Acute Payment Reforms Real Key to Progress for Patients, Medicare Savings WASHINGTON, April 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --While noting passage of post acute payment reforms are the ultimate answer to protecting elderly, vulnerable patients while also achieving Medicare cost savings, the Alliance for Quality Nursing Home Care (AQNHC) today expressed "deep alarm" about the broad parameters of the Obama Administration's proposed FY 2014 budget.
What does AQNHC stand for?
AQNHC stands for Alliance for Quality Nursing Home Care
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Air Quality Management Resource Centre (Bristol, UK)
- Air Quality Management Section
- Air Quality Management Strategy
- Air Quality Monitoring System (China)
- Appeals Quality Measurement System
- Artificer Quarter Master Sergeant (British Army)
- Assistant Quartermaster Sergeant
- Air Quality Management Work Group
- Al Qaeda Network
- Art Quilt Network (various locations)
- Air Quality and Noise Information System (Clean Air Initiative for Asian Cities; Philippines)
- Association of Quality Nurseries in Scotland (UK)
- 4-Aminoquinoline-1-Oxide (chemistry)
- Air Quality Objective (various organizations)
- Air Quality Officer (various locations)
- Automated Quality Organization
- Average Quadrupole Orientation
- Average Qualitative Opinion
- All Quiet on Arrival (law enforcement)
- Analytic Quadrupole Octupole Axially Symmetric Model (physics)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The individuals who rely on Medicaid for skilled nursing care have more medically complex needs than ever before, and this immediate infusion of funds is vital to ensuring their needs can be met," the Alliance for Quality Nursing Home Care said in a statement following passage by the House of the extension of the enhanced Medicaid Federal Medical Assistance Percentage (FMAP), which provides the additional resources.
The long-term care industry will face a critical staffing shortage due to demand for workers, said Allen Rosenbloom, president of the Alliance for Quality Nursing Home Care, in an Alliance press release.
The Alliance for Quality Nursing Home Care issued a statement voicing its dissatisfaction with the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission's (MedPAC) resistance to an annual inflation adjustment for skilled nursing facilities (SNFs) and to freeze 2008 payments.
LTC provider organizations have responded in kind with programs under the common title "Quality First"; the American Health Care Association (AHCA), the Alliance for Quality Nursing Home Care (a coalition of 14 major national chains), and the American Association of Homes and Services for the Aging (AAHSA) have each come up with their own interpretation of quality improvement through development of extensive guidelines and helpful "tool kits" for their members, whose commitment is sealed by their signing of "covenants" to that end.
1 million in FY 2012 coupled with state Medicaid cuts is contributing to the destabilization of Ohio's skilled nursing facility (SNF) sector, the Alliance for Quality Nursing Home Care warned today.
6 billion in cumulative Medicare funding reductions in the FY 2012-21 budget window, the Alliance for Quality Nursing Home Care (AQNHC) today expressed strong opposition to the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission's (MedPAC) recommendation that Congress provide no FY 2014 SNF cost of living adjustment.
Stephen Guillard: Chairperson, Alliance for Quality Nursing Home Care, Washington, D.