The Alliance for Gray Market and Counterfeit Abatement is a non-profit organization comprised of influential companies in the technology sector.
What does AGMA stand for?
AGMA stands for Alliance for Gray Market and Counterfeit Abatement
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AGMA
We have 17 other meanings of AGMA in our Acronym Attic
- Asian Gypsy Moth (insect species)
- Assistant General Manager
- Associate General Manager
- Association Genevoise des Malentendants
- Attack Guidance Matrix
- Attack Guided Missile
- Automatically Generated Message (software)
- Autonomous Guided Weapon
- Award of Garden Merit (British horticulture)
- Missile Range Instrumentation Ship
- American Gear Manufacturers Association
- American Guild of Musical Artists
- Anion Gap Metabolic Acidosis
- Anti-Grey Market Alliance (3Com, Apple, Compaq, HP, Nortel Networks, Xerox Corporation)
- Assistant General Manager for Administration
- Association of Greater Manchester Authorities (UK)
- Australian Goat Milk Association (Childers, Victoria, Australia)
- Antigranulocyte Monoclonal Antibody BW250/183
- Acadiana to the Gulf Access Channel
- Asynchronous Gaussian Multiple Access Channel
Samples in periodicals archive:
Some 10% of tech products sold globally are counterfeit, according to a study by KPMG and the tech trade group Alliance for Gray Market and Counterfeit Abatement.
The Alliance for Gray Market and Counterfeit Abatement, an initiative composed of technology companies, reports that "over $40 billion in legitimate IT products move through the gray market channel each year, resulting in $5 billion in lost profits annually to IT manufacturers.
Organization Names New Executive Director, Discusses Brand Protection Enforcement in China, Templates for Best Practices and Working with Law Enforcement at Quarterly Meeting HOUSTON -- The Alliance for Gray Market and Counterfeit Abatement (AGMA), a non-profit organization dedicated to addressing the gray marketing and counterfeiting of technology products around the globe, held their quarterly industry forum on gray market fraud and counterfeit issues on October 15 and 16.
May 19 /PRNewswire/ -- The International Disk Drive Equipment and Materials Association (IDEMA) and the Alliance for Gray Market and Counterfeit Abatement (AGMA) have formed a partnership designed to address distribution channel issues in the hard disk drive (HDD) industry.
The Alliance for Gray Market and Counterfeit Abatement (AGMA) recommends that all vendors, regardless of size, take proactive steps to address counterfeiting issues by securing the supply chain, educating authorized channel distributors and arming resellers with tools to ensure the brand integrity of genuine goods.
The Alliance for Gray Market and Counterfeit Abatement (AGMA), a non-profit organization dedicated to dealing with the gray marketing and counterfeiting of technology products around the globe, believes that these problems pose a serious threat to the global economy and the free market.
The Alliance for Gray Market and Counterfeit Abatement (AGMA), a leading technology industry forum focused on current black market and gray market fraud issues, today announced results of its second quarterly global members' meeting.