Mr Davies hit back by saying that he would "take no lessons" on use of public money from a politician who was involved with the All-Wales Ethnic Minority Association (Awema), which collapsed after allegations of financial mismanagement.
What does AWEMA stand for?
AWEMA stands for All-Wales Ethnic Minority Association (Wales, UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AWEMA
- Arizona Women's Education and Employment
- Advanced Web Engineering for E-Business (workshop; Madrid, Spain)
- Army Worldwide Environmental and Energy Conference (US Army; 2000; Atlanta, GA)
- Average Weight Enumerating Function
- Alarms, Warnings, and Event History Service
- Arts Work Experience Internship Program (Univeristy of Regina; Canada)
- Airborne Wind Energy Industry Association (global trade group)
- Alberta Women's Enterprise Initiative Association
- Adani Welspun Exploration Ltd. (India and Asia)
- Arnold White Estates Ltd. (landscapers; UK)
- Arab World Evangelical Ministers Association
- Alaska Women's Environmental Network
- Afghan Women Empowerment Program
- Alternative Work Experience Program (various locations)
- Arizona Wholesale Engine Parts (Mesa, AZ)
- Association of Western European Parliamentarians for Africa
- Association of West European Parliamentarians for Action against Apartheid
- African Women's Economic Policy Network
- Assistant Weapons Officer
- Advanced Wilderness Emergency Response (emergency medical responder training; Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Senedd Action - Within the hallowed halls of the Senedd, the scandal of the All-Wales Ethnic Minority Association (Awema) rumbled on and on throughout the year.
Dr Rita Austin, appearing before Assembly Members in the Public Accounts Committee, said that the new leadership of the now-defunct All-Wales Ethnic Minority Association should have had the opportunity to "remedy" the situation following a highly-critical internal audit services report.
The All-Wales Ethnic Minority Association (Awema) had all its grants of public funds terminated following a Welsh Government internal audit services report earlier this month.
Naz Malik, director of All-Wales Ethnic Minority Association, believes that the issue of dropping out of education is a question of class rather than ethnicity.
The chief of the All-Wales Ethnic Minority Association said: 'It's a great prize especially as the team won the Grand Slam.
And Naz Malik of the All-Wales Ethnic Minority Association said there were 'pockets of deprivation' in Welsh cities' and applauded Mr Phillips's remarks.
People will always wish to define their identity, I don't have an issue with that," said Mr Malik, 54, director of the All-Wales Ethnic Minority Association.