Recently, the Engine Control System and core Integrated Power System capabilities were tested at the Navy's land-based test site, where automated control of the Navy's first all-electric ship was successfully demonstrated.
What does AES stand for?
AES stands for All-Electric Ship
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AES
We have 549 other meanings of AES in our Acronym Attic
- Aircraft Earth Station
- Aircraft Emissions Spectrometer
- Aircraft Engineering Squadron (US Navy)
- Aircraft/Airplane Evacuation Simulation
- Aircrew Escape Systems
- Airdrop Equipment Support
- Airways Engineering Society
- Airwing Embarkable Suite (Navy)
- Albany Engineered Systems (Albany NY)
- Alfanar Electrical System (Alfanar Construction; Saudi Arabia)
- Allan Environmental Solutions (est. 2000; UK)
- Allegheny Energy Supply
- Alliance for Environmental Sustainability (various locations)
- Allocation d’Éducation Spéciale (French: special education allowance)
- Alternativa Española (Spanish Political Party)
- Alternative Energy Solutions (Wichita, KS)
- Alternative Energy Systems
- Alternative Enterprise Scheme (Irish program to support new agri-business)
- Alternative Experience Supplement
- Amateur Electronic Supply
Samples in periodicals archive:
Since the early days of the DDG-1000 program, the Navy has invested more than $100 million to develop a superconducting motor prototype to demonstrate its efficacy as the primary propulsion technology for all-electric ships.
The all-electric ship is designed to operate with a common source of power for all of its systems, namely electrical power," continued Eisenhaure.
All-electric ships with integrated power systems allow an electric generation plant to supply sufficient power for all the ship's electrical requirements, including advanced weapons launch, combat and sonar systems, ship's maneuver and propulsion, among other power needs.
Steering gear covers all vessel types; and Underway Replenishment Systems - Rolls-Royce offers a range of automated, electrically-powered replenishment and refuelling at sea systems consistent with the all-electric ship concept.
Dynamic positioning, thrusters, pods and water jets are also reviewed together with power transmission systems, propeller design developments, control systems and the all-electric ship.
Beacon Power also announced that it will present a paper, co-authored with personnel from the Naval Surface Warfare Center, entitled "Flywheel Energy Storage for Electric Start and an All-Electric Ship," at the IEEE Electric Ship Technologies Symposium in Philadelphia on July 27, 2005.
Navy's all-electric ship program and with our Rotary UPS systems.