The All Wheel Control system on the Outlander is taken from Mitsubishi's red-hot Lancer Evolution range and was developed for rallying.
What does AWCS stand for?
AWCS stands for All Wheel Control System
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AWCS
We have 15 other meanings of AWCS in our Acronym Attic
- Aurora West College Preparatory Academy (Aurora, CO)
- African Women Committee for Peace and Development
- Angie Williams Cox Public Library (Pardeeville, WI)
- Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act of 2006
- Arab World Competitiveness Report (Arab economies)
- Atlanta Weimaraner Club Rescue (Georgia)
- Acoustic Wave Cannon System (Bose)
- Adjustable Water Control Structure
- Agency-Wide Coding Structure
- Air Weapons Control System
- Alternate War Communications Squadron (now ACCAP)
- Army Warehouse Control System
- Automated Warehouse Control System
- Automatic Weapon Control System
- Senior Chief Aviation ASW Operator (Naval Rating)
- Asian Wild Cattle Specialist Group
- Association of Women Committees for Social Work (Palestine)
- Albury Wodonga Clay Target Club
- Association for Women in Computing Twin Cities Chapter (Minnesota)
- Army Warrior Care and Transition System
Samples in periodicals archive:
The All Wheel Control system is operated simply by the turn of a dial and allows you to select 2WD for normal driving, 4WD auto which automatically transfers the power to the wheels with most grip or 4WD which splits the torque 50/50 for trickier conditions.
Mechanically, in addition to the Super All Wheel Control (S-AWC)*3 all wheel control system built around a 4WD system, the concept features a newly-developed aluminum block MIVEC turbo engine mated to a high performance six-speed automated manual transmission.