Tamil Nadu's chief minister Jayalalithaa is a member of the All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK), a rival to the DMK, suggesting that despite the internal political differences within Tamil Nadu itself, Tamils in India are united in their anger over the Sri Lankan issue.
What does AIADMK stand for?
AIADMK stands for All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (political party in the state of Tamil Nadu, India)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of AIADMK in our Acronym Attic
- Accountable Inventory Adjustment Document
- Acronyms, Initialisms, and Abbreviations Dictionary
- Additive Increase Additive Decrease (wireless networks)
- Advanced Individual Academic Development (US Military Academy)
- Associazione Italiana Amatori Dobermann (Italian: Italian Association of Amateur Dobermann)
- Adityapur Industrial Area Development Authority (India)
- American International Automobile Dealers Association
- Arizona Independent Automobile Dealers Association (Phoenix, AZ)
- Ab Initio Algebraic Diagrammatic Construction Green Function Method
- Ab Initio Third-Order Algebraic Diagrammatic Construction Green Function Method
- African Institute for Applied Economics (Enugu, Nigeria)
- Asian International Art Exhibition
- Association of Italian-American Educators
- American Institute of Architects East Bay (California)
- Association for International Agricultural and Extension Education
- All India Association for Educational Research
- Association of imperforate anus with exstrophy splanchnica
- American Institute of Architects Foundation
- Artificial Intelligence - Auto Focus (Canon)
- Asociación de Intermediarios de Activos Financieros (Spain's Association of Financial Asset Brokers)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In an interview to a vernacular magazine of southern Tamil Nadu state, Narayanasamy had allegedly quoted that the current Tamil Nadu ruling All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) - a member of the opposition, National Democratic Alliance (NDA) -- was supporting the plant, but the DMK was not.
Sangma whose bid to become the first tribal president is being backed by Odisha's ruling Biju Janata Dal and Tamil Nadu's ruling All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam.
NDA nominee Jaswant Singh had the backing of the Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP), All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK), Janata Dal-United, Shiv Sena and also other smaller parties.
New Delhi The results of the legislative assembly elections in Kerala, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Assam and Puducherry have hit the Congress and Left parties hardest, given the massive victories of the All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) and the Trinamool Congress.
Opinion polls suggest the Congress party's key ally in southern Tamil Nadu, the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK), which has been caught up in the telecom scandal, is in a tight battle with the opposition All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam, is expected to end over three decades of Communist rule in West Bengal amid voter unhappiness over industrial land acquisition policies.
The All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) chief alleged that Karnataka was not willing to release water for her state.
It is the third party after the All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam and the Samajwadi Party to walk out of the alliance of regional parties since its formation.