NADPH oxidase-derived free radicals are key oxidants in alcohol-induced liver disease.
What does AILD stand for?
AILD stands for Alcohol-Induced Liver Disease
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AILD
We have 1 other meaning of AILD in our Acronym Attic
- Ateneo Institute of Literary Arts and Practices (Phillipines)
- Automatic Instrument Landing Approach System
- AAHL Industry Liaison Committee
- Africa Is Life Changing, Inc. (Draper, UT)
- Alaska Interim Land Cover (USGS; mapping program)
- American Immigration Law Center
- American Indian Law Center, Inc. (Albuquerque, NM)
- Australian Indigenous Leadership Centre (est. 2001; Kingston, Australian Capital Territory, Australia)
- Associate member of the Institute of Legal Cashiers and Administrators (UK)
- Association of Independent Living Centers in New York
- Amiodarone-Induced Lung Disease
- Angioimmunoblastic Lymphadenopathy with Dysgammaglobulinemia
- Angioimmunoblastic Lymphadenopathy with Dysproteinaemia
- As I Lay Dying (novel/band)
- American Indian Language Development Institute
- Australian Institute of Landscape Designers and Managers
- Aisling Irish Language and Drama Troupe
- Aide Individuelle au Logement Etudiant (French: Single Student Housing Aid)
- Artificial Intelligence and Legal Education
- Association Internationale des Loteries d'État (International Association of State Lotteries)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Curcumin prevents chronic alcohol-induced liver disease involving decreasing ROS generation and enhancing antioxidative capacity.
Silymarin is a powerful antioxidant and protects DNA from cancer-inducing damage, especially in alcohol-induced liver disease.
Liver damage: Women develop alcohol-induced liver diseases over a shorter time and after consuming less alcohol.
Another patient had a history of alcohol-induced liver disease with elevated liver enzymes.
Age, body mass index, blood glucose level, female sex, and Perls grade, a measure of iron overload were shown by multivariate analysis to be independently correlated with fibrosis in patients with alcohol-induced liver disease (Hepatology 35:635-38, 2002).
Philip Patrick Quinn, aged 38, of Anderson Avenue, Rugby, was admitted for a liver biopsy last December after suffering months of vomiting blood as a result of an alcohol-induced liver disease.
Curcumin prevents alcohol-induced liver disease in rats by inhibiting the expression of NF-[kappa]B-dependent genes.