Hoessle is encouraging green practices in other travel and tourism businesses through his involvement as a founding member, adviser and two-term board president of the Alaska Wilderness Recreation and Tourism Association, the voice for ecotourism in Alaska.
What does AWRTA stand for?
AWRTA stands for Alaska Wilderness Recreation and Tourism Association
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Australian War Records Section
- Aviation Weather Reporting Station
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional School District (Massachusetts)
- Agencja Wlasnosci Rolnej Skarbu Panstwa (Polish)
- Army War Reserve Support Command
- Adapta World Rally Team
- Advanced Weather Radar Techniques (Aviation Weather Research Program)
- American Women in Radio and Television
- Any Way Round Tours (motorcycles; EU)
- Anything Which Rounds To
- Austin Waldron Regional Technical College
- Annual Wholesale and Retail Trade Survey (Canada)
- Antarctic Wildlife Research Unit (Australia)
- A Wilhelm Scream (band)
- Abfallwirtschaftssystem (software)
- Abrupt Wing Stall
- Absolute Weight Strength (explosives)
- Absorb While Scan (radar absorbers)
- Abstract Wiener Space
- Abyss Web Server
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Alaska Wilderness Recreation and Tourism Association (AWRTA) reports that more and more travelers are carefully choosing their transportation to America's last frontier.
Groups like The Alaska Wilderness Recreation and Tourism Association (AWRTA), a nonprofit consortium of native Alaskan ecotour operators, has developed a highly profitable system in which tourists can donate a dollar toward Alaskan conservation programs for each day of their vacation.