The Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) has selected Mark Baker, a general aviation pilot and CEO of San Jose-based Orchard Supply Hardware Stores Corporation, to serve as its fifth president.
What does AOPA stand for?
AOPA stands for Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AOPA
We have 13 other meanings of AOPA in our Acronym Attic
- Attributable Operating Profit
- Australian Orangutan Project
- Auto-Op (IRC channels)
- Autonomous Operations Planner (flight management tool)
- Avionics Operational Program
- Phosphorescent Material-Coated (philatelic notation for stamps or paper)
- Assault on Precinct 13 (movie)
- Accolade of Outstanding Photographic Achievement (Wedding & Portrait Photographers International)
- Administrative Orders and Procedures Act (India)
- Agricultural Operations Practices Act
- Alberta Organic Producers Association (Canada)
- American Orthotic and Prosthetic Association
- American Orthotic and Prosthetic Association Political Action Committee
- Active Officer Promotion Branch
- Advanced Office Password Breaker (software)
- Air Operations Priority Board
- Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts
- Advertising on Police Cars (Matthew Good Band song)
- Agency Organization Program Coordinator
- Arkansas Outdoor Photographers Club
Samples in periodicals archive:
Longtime general aviation pilot Mark R Baker has been named president and chief executive officer of US aviation association the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association the AOPA said.
I don't know if that kind of abrupt maneuver was necessary," said Barry Schiff, a former commercial pilot who writes about safety issues for the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association.
12 /PRNewswire/ -- The nonprofit Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) today launched LetsGoFlying.
The morning of the flight, Jim as the pilot in command, once again checked various weather websites on his home computer for the flight area and consulted the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) website, looking for Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFR).
23 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Security officials have banned virtually all flight activity in a 3,000-square-mile area around the nation's capital for tonight's State of the Union Address to Congress by President Bush, and the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) is taking steps to make sure all general aviation pilots are aware of the heightened restrictions.
Craig Brown, a technical specialist with the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association in Washington, D.
Before joining the FAA in 1998, Brown was president of the National Aeronautic Association and has served as senior vice president of government and technical affairs at the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association.