GENEVA: The number of air accidents fell to its lowest level for more than 40 years last year, the Aircraft Crashes Record Office said yesterday.
What does ACRO stand for?
ACRO stands for Aircraft Crashes Record Office (Geneva, Switzerland)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ACRO
We have 1 other meaning of ACRO in our Acronym Attic
- ACE Capital Re Overseas Ltd.
- ACPO Criminal Records Office (UK)
- Acting Chief Recreation Officer
- Advisory Committee on Repair and Overhaul (Canadian Forces)
- African Clinical Research Organisation (South Africa)
- Agency for Consultation and Research in Oceanography (France)
- Air Conditioning, Refrigeration Organization (Western Technical College)
- Alabama Court Referral Officer
- Alberta Cave Rescue Organisation
- Alberta Cave Rescue Organization (Canada)
- Alumni and Community Relations Office
- American College of Radiation Oncology
- American Crow (Corvus brachyrhynchos)
- Anglesey County Record Office (UK)
- Aransas County Republican Organization (Texas)
- Area Crime Reduction Officer
- Asian Ceramic Research Organization
Samples in periodicals archive:
Technical failure is given as the reason for 20% of air accidents, according to the Aircraft Crashes Record Office in Geneva.
The Aircraft Crashes Record Office noted that 136 serious accidents occurred in 2007, the lowest number in 44 years.
Last year saw 156 crashes, compared with 178 in 2005, the Aircraft Crashes Record Office said.
There were eight plane crashes in DRC last year, according to the Geneva-based Aircraft Crashes Record Office.
AIRLINE INDUSTRY INFORMATION-(C)1997-2007 M2 COMMUNICATIONS LTD The Geneva, Switzerland-based Aircraft Crashes Record Office has said that the number of air crashes globally in 2006 was the lowest in 53 years.