The Teledyne CMU will replace existing Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS) management units providing enhanced capabilities such as Aircraft Condition Monitoring System (ACMS) reporting and Quick Access Recording (QAR), which are functions typically provided by the data acquisition and recording system on newer aircraft.
What does ACAR stand for?
ACAR stands for Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ACAR
We have 11 other meanings of ACAR in our Acronym Attic
- Association of Consolidated Automotive Parts Producers (Manila, Philippines)
- Agile Cable Production Service
- Alcohol, Counselling and Prevention Service (Turning Point; UK)
- Anglia Cathodic Protection Services Ltd. (UK)
- area communications electronics capabilities
- Asymptomatic Carotid Artery Plaque Study
- Asymptomatic Carotid Artery Progression Study (formerly Asymptomatic Carotid Artery Plaque Study)
- Automated Credit Application Processing System
- Australian Circus and Physical Theatre Association
- Adult Employment and Credential Rate
- Alabama Coalition Against Rape
- Aluminum Conductor, Aluminum Reinforced (cable)
- Angular Correlation of Annihilation Radiation
- Association des Cliniques de l'Agglomération Rouennaise
- Australian Centre for Addiction Research
- Automatic Command Alarm Response
- Athens County Amateur Radio Association (Athens Couty, OH)
- Availability, Cost, and Resource Allocation
- Australian Computer Abuse Research Bureau
- All Care Animal Referral Center (Fountain Valley, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
As with all of ACA's J-41 aircraft, the 32nd aircraft with be equipped with AlliedSignal's Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System, Flight Management Systems and Global Positioning System equipment.
The only required hardware addition is an aircraft communications addressing and reporting system management unit (ACARS MU) printed circuit card installed in the existing navigation/flight inspection computer unit (NCU).