India is expected to acquire its first Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) next week, officials said Monday, crowning its drive to achieve air dominance over rival Pakistan.
What does AWACS stand for?
AWACS stands for Airborne Warning And Control System (E-3A aircraft)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AWACS
We have 15 other meanings of AWACS in our Acronym Attic
- Airborne Warning And Control Group
- Active Wave Absorption Control System
- Advanced Monitoring and Control Structure
- Advanced Warehouse Automation and Control System (Interface Systems, Inc.)
- Advanced Warning and Counter Surveillance (Technology Catalysts International Corp.)
- Advice of Wrong Account for Automated Credits
- Aerial Warning and Control System (Russian aviation)
- AID Worldwide Accounting Control System (USAID)
- Airborne Early Warning and Control System
- Airborne Warning And Control Squadron
- Airsoft Warfare and Combat Squad
- Always Washing and Cleaning Stuff
- Assisting Writing Across Cyber Space
- ATM Wireless Access Communication System
- Association of Wezembeek-Oppem Against Aircraft Contraventions to Silence & Security (Belgium)
- Awaiting Action
- Airborne Warning And Control Training Squadron
- Airborne Warning And Control Wing
- African Women's Culture Arts and Development International Network
Samples in periodicals archive:
Air Force contributed F-15A Eagles and F-15C Eagles, as well as two E-3C Airborne Warning and Control System aircraft.
Although the course was primarily for military and civilian members of the NATO airborne warning and control system (AWACS) community, the course was also open to students from several other NAMSA programs as well as members of the Luxembourg Army.
NEW YORK -- L-3 Communications (NYSE: LLL) announced today that its Electron Devices (L-3 Electron Devices) division has received an order from the Northrop Grumman Corporation to supply the Wide Band Klystron Power Amplifier (WBKPA) for the E-3 Sentry's Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS).
Information Space and Defense Systems, Seattle is being awarded a $20,532,130 contract modification for the NATO E-3A Airborne Warning and Control System Mid-Term Modernization Programme resolution of Diminishing Manufacturing Sources issues.
AWACS: The Next Generation One of ESC's best known programs is the Airborne Warning and Control System, or AWACS.
SEATTLE, May 10 /PRNewswire/ -- The first four Boeing-built 767 Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) aircraft have entered operational service for the Japan Air Self Defense Force (JASDF).
The 13 weapon systems include the following aircraft: A10 close air support aircraft, B1 long-range bomber, B52 bomber, C5 heavy-cargo transport, C17 strategic airlift transport, E3 Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) aircraft, E4 National Airborne Operations Center (NAOC) aircraft, F4 fighter-bomber, F15 tactical fighter, F16 fighter-attack aircraft, KC10 tanker-cargo aircraft, KC135 aerial refueling tanker, and T1A medium-range jet trainer.