With DBF SAR is an airborne synthetic aperture radar with the new DBF (Digital Beam Forming).
What does AIRSAR stand for?
AIRSAR stands for Airborne Synthetic Aperture Radar
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Audit Integrated Reporting System
- Auroral Ionospheric Remote Sensor
- Australian Incident Reporting System
- Authorization of Internet Resources and Services
- Automated Import Reference System (Canada)
- Automated Infrastructure Requirement System (US DoD)
- Automated Inspection Reporting System (USMC)
- Automatic Image Retrieval System
- Automatic Information Retrieval System
- Air Force Semi-Automated Forces
- Aircrew Integrated Recovery Survival Armor Vest & Equipment (US military)
- All India Revolutionary Students Federation
- Alliance of Information & Referral Systems of Oklahoma
- Association of Industrial Road Safety Officers (UK)
- Allied Air Forces Southern Norway
- Allied Air Forces, Southern Europe (NATO)
- Ab Initio Random Structure Searching (materials science)
- Advanced Infrared Suppression System
- Alternate Infrared Satellite System (US DoD)
- Arabic Institute for Research and Strategic Studies
Samples in periodicals archive:
Engineers at the Air Force Research Lab Sensors Directorate have put a supercomputer to work, listed as one of the fastest computers in the world when it was built, translating vast amounts of raw dam from airborne synthetic aperture radars into detailed pictures of an area roughly five kilometers square.
The lab is a highly modified DC-8 airliner fitted with an airborne synthetic aperture radar system able to penetrate clouds, forest canopies, thin sand and dry snow packs to visualize what is underneath.