This is a critical part of linking Airborne Infrared to the larger missile defense architecture in the phased adaptive approach," said Tim Carey, vice president of Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Systems for Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems.
What does ABIR stand for?
ABIR stands for Airborne Infrared (sensor technology)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ABIR
We have 2 other meanings of ABIR in our Acronym Attic
- Associação Brasileira da Indústria do Plástico (Portugese)
- Antioxidant Based Industrial Products from Oats (Competitive Industrial Materials from Non Food Crops; UK)
- American Board of Interventional Pain Physicians (Paducah, KY)
- Associate of the British Institute of Professional Photography
- Abstract Bulletin of the Institute of Paper Science and Technology (monthly publication)
- Autism Behavioural Intervention Queensland
- Agro Based Industry Quality Assurance (Bogor, India)
- Associação Brasileira da Indústria Farmoquímica (Portugese: Brasilian Association of Pharmochemical Industries)
- Associação Brasileira da Indústria Química (Brazil)
- Agent-Based Identity Repertoire
- Anglo-Belgian India Rubber Company (est. 1892)
- Arab Business Intelligence Report (PricewaterhouseCoopers)
- Association of Bermuda Insurers and Reinsurers
- Available Bandwidth Index Routing Protocol
- Abhinav Bharat Institute for Rural Development (Pune, India)
- Aircraft-Based Infrared Detector
- Accounting and Business Information Systems (various organizations)
- Activity Based Information System (software)
- Adaptive Business Information Systems
- Adaptivität und Benutzermodellierung in Interaktiven Softwaresystemen
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the British scientific journal Nature, Schnell reports that airborne infrared lidar has detected plumes of ice crystals rising from leads (open-water areas) as much as 6 miles wide and other open areas in the ice called polynyas.
L-3 Aeromet) has received a $3 million follow-on contract option from Missile Defense Agency for the extension of the Airborne Infrared Surveillance (AIRS) program.
10414 -------------------------------------------------- L-3 Aeromet Awarded $3 Million Contract Option for Airborne Infrared Surveillance Program L-3 Communications (NYSE:LLL) announced today that its wholly owned subsidiary, L-3 Communications Aeromet, Inc.
AOSS is part of Raytheon's family of multi-spectral targeting systems and is currently being examined by the Missile Defense Agency as a forward-deployed, advanced airborne infrared sensor.
We also see the opportunity to apply Aeromet technology to L-3's current ISR products supporting Airborne Infrared Surveillance (AIRS), an emerging near-term solution to BMD surveillance requirements.
11 /PRNewswire/ -- Ampex Data Systems Corporation announced their selection to provide the airborne and ground data acquisition systems for the Airborne Infrared Countermeasure Evaluation System (AICES) pod upgrade to NAWC-WD Point Mugu, California.
Marine Corps' SAFIRE(TM) and Star SAFIRE(TM) imaging systems currently in use on their UH-1N helicopter fleet to the new BRITE Star, FLIR's state-of-the-art airborne infrared imaging and laser designation system.