Aselsan developed the Pedestal Mounted Air Defence System (Pmapds) and was awarded a contract to produce 126 fire units in two versions: the Atilgan, which carries two standard vehicle-mounted launchers each with four ready-to-fire missiles on a modified Ml13A2 tracked armoured personnel carrier, and the Zipkin, which has a pair of two-cell Air-To-Air Stinger (Atas) launchers mounted on a long wheelbase 4 x 4 Land Rover.
What does ATAS stand for?
ATAS stands for Air-to-Air Stinger
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ATAS
We have 32 other meanings of ATAS in our Acronym Attic
- Acoustic Training and Simulation
- Active Towed Array Sonar
- Advance Technology Alert System
- Advanced Tactical Airborne System
- Advanced Tank Armament System
- Advanced Target Acquisition Sensor/System
- Advanced TOW Acquisition Systems
- Advanced Towed-Array Sonar
- Advanced Trainer Avionics Suite
- Aero-Tropics Air Services (Australia)
- Airborne Target Acquisition System
- Analog Test Access System
- Association of Turkish American Scientists
- Audit Trail Analysis System
- Australian Tsunami Alert System
- Automatic Terrain Avoidance System
- American Trucking Associations Small Carrier Program
- American Turkish Association of Southern California
- Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Foundation
- Answer That and Stay Fashionable (AFI album)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Once Congress approves the sale, which is valued at approximately $34 million, Raytheon will provide more than 150 Standard Vehicle Mounted Launchers (SVML), more than 170 Air-to-Air Stinger launchers, as well as spare parts and logistics support.
These agreements included many of the weapon systems mentioned above plus the Black Hawk helicopter, Air-to-Air Stinger (Block I) launcher, Hydra 70 rocket system and Modular Forward looking Infrared common modules.