Doug signed up as a Navy flier in 1960 and got through the tough Air Warfare Instructors course at Lossiemouth before being sent to America to train on Phantoms.
What does AWI stand for?
AWI stands for Air Warfare Instructor (UK Royal Navy)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AWI
We have 85 other meanings of AWI in our Acronym Attic
- Asiatic Wild Horse Species Survival Plan
- Acceptable Weekly Intake
- Adelgund Witte Architecte Iessc (French architectural firm; Orléans, France)
- Adults with Incapacity Act of 2000 (UK)
- Aerospace Welding, Inc.
- Africa Wellness Initiative (California)
- African Women's Initiative
- Agence Willame Immobilier (French: Willame Estate Agency)
- Agency for Workforce Innovation (Florida)
- Aging Water Infrastructure (US EPA)
- Air Water Interface
- Air Wisconsin Airlines (ICAO code)
- Alert with Information
- Alfred-Wegener-Institut für Polar- und Meeresforschung in der Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft (German: Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine Research)
- All-Weather Interceptor
- Allowable Weekly Intake
- Alloy Wheels International (group of wheel manufacturing companies in England, Canada, and South Africa)
- American War of Independence
- American Watchmakers Institute
- American Wine Industry
Samples in periodicals archive:
The tuition from the British pilots, all graduates of the intense Air Warfare Instructors School in Lossiemouth, Scotland, led to the Americans dominating the skies, the military historian Rowland White has revealed in the book titled "Phoenix Squadron".