Mohammed Ghalib was fined PS12,000 and ordered to pay PS781 prosecution costs at Birmingham Magistrates Court last August after he admitted six charges of illegally using logos for consumer protection organisations, including the Air Travel Organisers' Licensing (ATOL) and the International Air Transport Association (IATA).
What does ATOL stand for?
ATOL stands for Air Travel Organisers' Licensing (UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ATOL
We have 4 other meanings of ATOL in our Acronym Attic
- ASCII to Integer
- Average Time on Ice (hockey)
- Antiterrorism Operations and Intelligence Cell (Army Operations Center)
- Access to Justice
- Angle Track On Jam
- Advanced Technology of Kana-Kanji Transfer (Japanese translation)
- Asociaci Textilního-Odevního-Kožedelného (Czech: Czech Association of Textile, Clothing and Leather Industry, Czech Republic)
- Affordable Technology On-Line
- Air Traffic Operations Laboratory (US NASA; Hampton, VA)
- Air Travel Organiser's Licence (UK)
- Assembling the Tree of Life (research project; National Science Foundation)
- Assisted Takeoff & Landing
- Affiliated Teacher Organizations of Los Angeles
- Alpha to Omega Learning Centre (Chennai, India)
- Acceptance, Test or Launch Language
- Active Teens of the Museum (Denver Museum of Nature and Science)
- Advanced Tool for Option Modeling
- Advanced Trauma Operative Management
- Adventure Tours on Motorcycles
- All Types of Mortgages (est. 1991; UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It will help the millions who book their holiday through a firm registered with Air Travel Organisers' Licensing (Atol).
Passengers who booked for the Comtel flights as part of a package would be protected by the Air Travel Organisers' Licensing (Atol) scheme run by the UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) .
But he has joined up in a consortium with The Co-operative-owned travel giant Freedom Travel Group which will cover his customers by being part of the Air Travel Organisers' Licensing (ATOL) to reassure them their bookings and money are safe if the company runs into problems.
Those who paid by credit card or used a tour operator affiliated to the Air Travel Organisers' Licensing (ATOL) scheme should be OK.
Around 1,100 passengers abroad on packages with the company's tour operator division are protected by the Civil Aviation Authority-run Air Travel Organisers' Licensing (Atol) system.
Flights which were booked as part of a package holiday were covered by the Air Travel Organisers' Licensing scheme, managed by the Civil Aviation Authority, he said.
The Air Travel Organisers' Licensing (Atol) scheme, which checks tour operators and travel organisers, was scrambling "repatriation aircraft" to bring those home to the UK who were trapped abroad.